Chapter 4: Rosabella

"I can't believe Gus died. Leaving Hazel all alone when she had cancer," Isaac whined, making me laugh.

Isaac suggested watching a movie in his room which was not just a room because a) it was bigger than mine and also had a small kitchen and also had a refrigerator and even a big TV. We were watching The Fault In Our Stars. It's been almost a month since I have been living in this motel. It has been fun. I do my work, eat, talk to Isaac, and sleep. 'Best life ever' I thought to myself.

"Isaac, it's just a movie, and he had freaking cancer,"

"Yes, but he could have died after her. So, she wouldn't have felt this sadness," He said, pouting like a baby.

"Isaac you are such a baby," I sighed.

"I would never do that to my, hazel" Isaac furrowed his eyebrows. I had a sudden pang in my chest when I heard him say hazel.

"Who is hazel?" I inquired.

"No one" He looked at me.

"But you just said-" he cut me off "what I was saying was: I would never do this to someone"

"I-uh thought, you are talking about someone" I scratched my eyebrow.

"I am hungry, are you hungry?" I asked him before he could reply to me.

"Yes, starving," he said, abruptly.

"Should we go to the diner?" I asked him.

"If you want to?" He scratched his head.

"Do you have any ingredients, I will cook?" I looked at his face for a response.

"I don't know maybe there would be some, I asked Dave to fill the kitchen with food," he said looking towards the kitchen.

"Okay I will make something then," I said going in the direction of the kitchen. Where he followed me.

"I will come with you," he said, following me.

"Why? you go and watch something on TV. I will make something, and will call you" I said shuffling things in the fridge looking for something to cook.

"No, I will stay, and I will help you," He said, sitting on the counter, which made me turned around to look at him.

"And why would you do that?" I asked him, quizzically.

"Because I like to cook?" he started scratching his head, again.

"No, you don't," I said folding my arms on my chest.

"Yes, I do. I love cooking so much," he said folding his arms, too.

"Here hold this," I gave him the knife, "you cut the vegetable then if you love to cook so much," I said going near him.

"I am sorry what I meant to say was I will love to see you cook," he said stepping off of the counter and coming closer to me. I gasped at a sudden closeness between us, as I could feel his breath on my face.

"I'm, yeah, so-yeah okay," I said turning and going to the fridge again. a blush crept onto my face.

He laughed, that stupid handsome bastard.

I made some mac n cheese with chicken and fresh salad and put in two plates for both of us, while Isaac was humming some song. It was soothing, so I did not stop him.

"Ooh it's delicious, you know you're the best cook," he moaned taking his first bite and started devouring.

"Thank you so much," I said smiling and looking at him.

"So, who did you learn cooking from?" he asked lost in his food, I froze.

"Um my father," I said quietly and pleaded silently that he would drop this subject which he did sensing my uneasiness.

After eating and also after fighting with Isaac about who's going to do the dishes. I started doing dishes and Isaac went outside to do something probably related to a phone call.

"So, I have to go out because I have a meeting related to uh work. Isaac came back in his room and said looking at me impatiently, like if I say no he would not go.

"Okay, Isaac I am not your wife. You can go anywhere you want, without telling me" I assured him, "and I was going to go anyway, I am too sleepy."

He hesitated at first but then he mumbled a "goodbye" and went out leaving me and my thoughts alone.

I went back to my room and fell on my bed. I started looking at the ceiling because I think I like my room's ceiling it's plain and empty just like me. I was lost in my thoughts that suddenly my phone rang. I answered without looking at the name

"Hello?"

"Hello Rosabella," My mother said from the other line.

"Don't you dare say that name again,"

"It's your name, Rosa."

"What do you want?" I asked rashly.

"Rosa, I miss you so much" she pleaded on-call "please meet me."

"Look I don't care about you and your family so, you better leave me alone. I have not seen your face in four years and you still dare to call me and ask me to come and meet you??" I spat my voice was laced with hatred for her

"No I care for you," she said as she cares for me.

"NO-NO YOU DON'T CARE FOR ME. NOBODY DOES NOW JUST NEVER CALL ME AGAIN. MRS ANDERSON I WAS NEVER YOUR DAUGHTER AND I WILL NEVER BE YOUR DAUGHTER. I WAS JUST THE DAUGHTER OF MY FATHER NOT YOURS NEVER YOURS NEVER" I screamed and cut off the call and tossed my phone on the bed.

"Yeah, I hate my life" I muttered to myself.

I left everything, I left the woman, I should call my mom yet the past still haunts me wherever I go whatever I do.

If you like it give it a vote. thanks xoxo