Chapter 31: We are doomed

I was looking out of my window at the moon, it was gleaming in the sky carving everything in the Moonlight, the stars were twinkling lustrously while the sky was coated in a dark midnight blue.

I sighed and smiled, even if I wasn't with Isaac, but we were under the same sky, the same moon was shimmering on us while the same stars danced around the sky. Being away from Isaac made me realize how important he was for me, and how much I yearned to go back in his arms.

But remembering what he did to me made my heart shattered all over, he couldn't trust me even when I was pleading in front of him, all he did was put his whole faith on that note and accused me of betraying him.

I groaned and shook my head to stop myself from thinking about it. I heard a sizzling noise and looked around my room, I couldn't see anything but then my eyes fell to the floor. There was a dissertation, some kind of spell was being written on the floor, my eyes got wide and I looked at it with a horrified face.

Suddenly, a portal was opened and I felt like I was being pulled into it, I cried out and grabbed the window, tightly.

Darlene came rushing, "why are you-" she stopped mid-sentence and called Nate who rushed towards my room, they both looked confused. Nate came towards me and held me, tightly.

"What the fuck did you do?" Nate yelled at me, Darlene came beside him and held Nate, tightly.

"I don't know what is happening, I didn't do anything," I screamed.

"It's some kind of portal, someone has made a portal," Darlene yelled back, "gran isn't even here, I don't even know what to do."

Nate groaned and started mumbling something, but before he could finish we all were thrown into the portal.

I groaned and got up, I was in front of the door while Nate and Darlene were nowhere to be present. I hesitantly got up and opened the door which looked like a basement.

The door of the basement opened with a creaking noise making me cringe. because of the lack of light, the basement was dark and gloomy. I put my palm up in the air and imagined a globe of light on my hand and with a pop sound. It appeared on my palm, my fists bumped the air on my accomplishment.

"I think, I am starting to like your witch side" Talia sighed making me chuckle.

There was old and broken furniture sitting in the room, "Something is not right" I mumbled.

"We should leave" Talia whispered as someone can hear her.

"No, I need to find Nate and Darlene" I responded and started looking for them. Suddenly, my eyes caught a broken rusted door in the corner.

"Please Belle, we should leave" Talia was getting restless, but I ignored her and touched the rusted red-colored door.

"Belle, are you there?" a voice came from behind and my heart started beating faster.

"Yes, yes where are you?" I turned and faced a furious Nate and Darlene whose forehead was oozing with blood.

"What is this place? let's get out of here" He roared in anger.

"I don't know but we need to find why we were pulled here," I whispered while looking around.

"It's spooky, belle, we need to go," Darlene whispered holding Nate's arm, tightly.

"No, I will not go without knowing, what is-" Nate stopped me mid-sentence and pull my hand towards him.

"Nate, please, listen to me. Try to understand" I pleaded while trying to remove his grip.