Chapter 28: Faded Memories

Isaac POV:

It's been a whole month since I had seen Bella, my heart ached for her while my wolf was angry at me for letting our mate go. I was currently in my office working on some pack business after Bella the rogue problems were rising and small attacks were happening on the border one by one which was making me infuriated, I couldn't focus on anything yet I had to do everything.

The door of my office opened, and Aiden walked in with a file in his hand, he threw it on the table and turned to leave. He stopped talking to me the day Bella ran and I didn't do anything about it, I sighed, "when will you start talking to me again?"

He stopped and turned while taking a long breath, "when you will get your brain out of your ass."

I rolled my eyes at his remark, "she left, she wanted to do it. What do you want me to do?"

"Run after her, you made her do it, Isaac. You said she broke your trust but it was you who broke her trust, you took her in your home and then violated her because you couldn't forget the past," Aiden came near my table and glared at me.

I stood up and looked at him with anger, "you don't get to talk about that like this."

Aiden hissed, "why? We lost our parents that day, Isaac. Not just you, Liza was just fucking eight. Did she ever accuse you of that? No, because it wasn't your fault, just like that it's not Isabelle's fault that someone lied on that note framing her for something touchy for you."

I growled while controlling my anger, "you should go, Aiden. Don't make me do something which I will regret later."

Aiden clicked his tongue, "why? Will, you put me in a cell, too? Or worst, kill me?"

I lunged at him, "don't say another word."

Before he could say anything, Ryan entered my room gasping for air, "there is someone who wants to meet you, Isaac."

I glared at Aiden and then looked at Ryan, "who is it?"

"A witch," he replied, quietly.

I frowned, "why does a witch want to meet me?"

"She said she is Isabelle's mother."

My eyes got wide, Bella never told me about her family. What does her mother want with me, I looked at Ryan, "where is she?"

"I will just fetch her," Ryan said while turning around in the other direction.

I scrunched my eyebrows and gulped, what does she want with me. Is it something about Bella, what if she was in danger and sent her mother for me? My wolf was restless inside me while my heart was beating faster.

Ryan came with a woman, who just looked like Bella with the same green eyes, same chocolate brown hair, but a mature face which had dark circles and fatigue circling her eyes, she smiled and came towards me, "Hello, Isaac. I see you're my daughter's mate. I am Amelia, Rosabella's mother"

I frowned, " what do you want?"

"I just want to meet Rosa," she replied looking at me, longingly, "please ask me to meet her."

Before I could say anything, Aiden interjected, "but she's not here."

After hearing that, Amelia's eyes got wide, "what do you mean? She's not here?"

I gulped and looked at her, "she left."

"No, nowhere would she go from her mate's house, she doesn't even have anyone," she said while running her boney fingers in her hair, "how could you let your mate leave?"

I told her everything, about the shadow attack, then the wolf's attack, and also about the letter which came, she looked at me with disbelief and fell on the floor with tears in her eyes.

Aiden rushed towards her, "ma'am, are you okay?"

She glared at me and got up, her eyes started glowing and she came near me, "I thought, she would be safe when I heard her coming to her soulmate, but you lost her," she whispered, "you don't even know, you've put her in grave danger."

My eyes got wide and Ryan rushed towards her to stop her but before he could come near us, she put her hand up in the air and Ryan flew in the air and fell with a thud, Aiden was horrified and he put his hands in surrender while coming towards her, "Ma'am, please try to understand we don't even know anything. We didn't even know about Isabelle's real name till the note came, lets talk this out."

She glared at him, "you don't know anything, child," she closed her eyes and touched my face making me yell in excruciating pain, my eyes started closing, and darkness enveloping me.

I opened my eyes and saw a little girl playing on a swing, I squinted my eyes to look at her more clearly, She was playing with a man and the woman who I assumed were her parents. They were looking happy, while the little girl was smiling and giggling with her arms around them.

Suddenly, the scene changed and I was in a hospital room, in which the same girl but a little older was sobbing beside a man who just died. My heart sank, I could feel her pain. I looked at her crying form with anguish in my heart.

The setting shifted and now I was in a dark hallway, I looked around the rooms and couldn't see anything till I heard a noise of someone crying for help. I followed the voice and saw a man beating a girl, senselessly, I came sprinted towards them and tried to protect her but my hand went through them. The girl was crying, helplessly making my heart shattering inside my body, I don't know why I was feeling her emotions, but whatever she felt at that time I could feel the same like it was happening to me.

The scene changed and I was again in a room where the girl was whimpering and trying to fight the man, but what I saw afterward made me more furious towards the man, he took out her clothes and started raping her.

I yelled, "NO, LEAVE HER," I went near him, tried putting him off of the girl's fragile body but still I couldn't do anything. I fell on my knees and wept with the girl, "please make it stop," I could her scream for crying for help, but I couldn't do anything, I clasped my hands on my ears, "stop this, stop it," but I could still hear her whimpers and cries for help.

I opened my eyes and saw a girl with fear on her face sitting on the corner of the bed fidgeting with her fingers while tears were running on her face. I went near her and glanced at her face making my breath hitched in my throat and I whispered, "Bella."

I opened my eyes, and this time I was back in my office. I saw Amelia, Aiden, and Ryan who were standing in front of me, I looked at Amelia and snarled, "who was that? What did you do?"

"It was Bella," she whispered.

I closed my eyes and took a deep breath, "I don't believe you."

"You don't have to, right now," she replied, "but I know you will because you just saw the most gruesome memories of her life."

I ran my fingers through my hair, frustratingly, "why didn't you help her? You were her mother."

A tear fell from her face, "I was enchanted after my mate died, my mind was vulnerable which made it possible for her to take me in her control."

"Possible for whom?"

"My mother," she replied and told us everything about Bella being a Lycan as well as a witch, and how she put a spell on Bella to keep her protected from her mother who wanted Bella's power to destroy the werewolf kind.

After she finished, my heart was sinking in my chest because of fear, "where is Bella, now?"

Her soft eyes turned into a glare, "you lost her, I don't even know where she is now. My magic isn't what it used to be, I don't have a hold on it anymore, therefore I just felt her meeting her mate but couldn't feel her leaving you."

"She might be in danger than," Aiden whispered.

Amelia fell on the chair with tears in her eyes, "what if she has her?"

I gulped, "I will find her, I will not let any harm come towards my mate this time."