Chapter 1: Dinner impossible

Hi guys I wanted to read something like this but I couldn't find anything so... I decided to create one! Hope you like it.

I lay there on my bed looking at that ticking clock, tik tok tik tok tik tok. "Uh, where are they?!" I whined.  I had unpacked all my things, took a shower, had a nap, chose my outfit for tomorrow and still they aren't back. 

I stood up and searched for my phone and spotted it on my bed, grabbing it I quickly called on his number, something I was dreading to do for a while now, but Aunt Clarice isn't picking up and nor is Uncle Jordan. So there I was sitting on my bed hoping that the person I hate most, picks up the damn phone so I can know what the hell is taking them so long!

it rang five times now and every ring I hoped he would pick up.

after calling him seven times he picked up

"Hello?" he said and I could sense the stupid smirk of his face right now, I burst.

"Hello?! Seriously Bryan what the hell is wrong with you, I've called you seven times and you pick up now, oh and don't even try to tell me that you didn't know or weren't able to answer the phone!" I was furious enough already and then he thinks it's a joke to ignore someone calling you! 

"Well it's not everyday I get a call from you so I had to make it memorable and by the sound of your voice, I think I did a pretty good job"

Of course, he can't let any opportunity go, to annoy me no matter what the circumstances are. "Just pass the phone to Aunt Clarice" I sighed, I really wanted to go eat dinner, but mom said we had to wait for this dude to reach home then we'll go together. I heard a sudden movement of the phone and heard Aunt Clarice's voice.

"Hi Ashley, I'm sorry your Uncle Jordan here keeps taking the wrong turn, seems like he's forgotten where he lives!" She laughed

"Oh ok how long do you think it'll be until you guys reach us?" I asked. I heard her whisper something and then Uncle Jordan whisper it wasn't a good idea but didn't hear what she said back.

"Oh sweetie I've been trying to call your mother, but she's not picking up, we won't be able to make it until eleven so I wanted to tell her that you guys should go ahead and eat and we'll eat somewhere around here. So can you please give the phone to Sara"

" Oh, Mom's in the shower right now but I'll tell her to call you once she's done, ok then see you tomorrow bye"

"Bye Ashley see yo-" I hung up smiling to myself. I jumped off the bed and started dancing Yes! no Bryan, no cryin' No Bryan, no cryin' I sang to myself, I opened my door quickly and sprinted down the stairs.

I went to my dad who was sitting on the sofa watching some car review. Dad and his car obsession. I paused the video and told him that they won't be able to make it and he just sighed and said that he'll go tell mom to hurry up since we're all starving now. He knew how happy I was to have a peaceful dinner.

*******

" But why you said that we would have dinner with them"

I knew that whiney voice was my sister's another drama, cant this wait until after we've eaten?!

I headed towards my sister's room but got stopped by a toddler "Ashy can you play with me, daddy got me new Legos?" I was not in the mood for anything other than going and getting dinner, but Jack looked so adorable in his denim overalls and a white little t-shirt. I didn't know how to refuse. And then I remembered I had a gift for him that I was going to give him on his birthday. I told Jack to go tell Mom how pretty she looked. It would be a win win. Mom would be happy he complimented him, and buy me some time to go get the gift from my room, I'd get at least ten minutes, thanks to Jacks little steps, and Mom's hugging and thanking Jack.

I found it under my bed and went back downstairs. 2 minutes later Jack cam back "Ashy can we play now" he pleaded

"Yes we can, but do you want to have another gift or play with the Legos?" I asked waving a shiny silver bag at him. And just as I expected as soon as he saw the bag his eyes lit up and he started screaming "I want the gift! Gift! Gift!" he said punching the air above him.

I gave it to him and he quickly opened it and took out the chocolate brown teddy bear.  "Thank you Ashy, I love chocolate and bears!" I started laughing at how adorable he is and said your welcome and then he ran away... well not ran but toddled away.

*******

After I convinced my sister, Izzy that she'd get two desserts if she would stop whining so we could go eat, we all sat in the car finally driving to the restaurant, Izzy kept nudging me with her elbow as a way of saying that I still haven't convinced to let her eat two desserts. Mom has always been a health nut and it didn't help that she was a nutritionist. So convincing her to let a 13 year old eat two bowls of ice cream after four o' clock is near the effort of how much effort it takes to get out of bed early in the winter holidays... or maybe even double that.

I told my sister I'd do it after eating dinner, because right now I have no energy in me.

******

"So mom are you going to have dessert?" I asked preparing myself for this conversation and it's consequences.

My Mom raised her eye brow "Of course not, but I'm not stopping you or Izzy to have dessert"

"But I want dessert tooooo!" Jack shouted Mom looked at him and he looked down at his feet scared she'd take his new teddy bear away from him for shouting in a restaurant. "Ok fine you can have one little scoop of ice cream" Mom said smiling, and as soon as she did everyone looked at her in disbelief she laughed "What? it's their evening of summer before school starts so they can enjoy" and that's where I thought I could convince her if I said it the right way. 

"Mom since we don't usually eat ice cream and complain about eating it only three times a month can we get extra today?" this conversation is either going to go great or all go downhill.

My mom looked at Izzy " Izzy next time you want two scoops of ice cream talk to me yourself"

Izzy shrugged "Well Ashley owes me so whatever consequence it is is for her" I gulped, last time my mom told me I had laundry duty for a month and it was horrible, I felt like I was washing clothes day and night.

Mom stayed silent chewing on her last bite. "Alright Izzy can have two scoops on only one condition"

"That is..?" I asked

"Ashley since you kept complaining about going how you hate driving to school everyday and are late to classes often and then ask us to drive you Aunt Clarice offered that Bryan will drive you to school so y-"

"What?!! Mom no I can't, I'm not, No!" I can't believe she her, she knows I have to see him at school everyday anyways plus most weekends and now I go to school with him? NO! this is not fair I'd rather do laundry duty for a year.

" Your father and I have already decided that and you have to behave because we can't drop you off to school everyday, your dad and I have to get to work, and you complain about driving"

I knew I wasn't getting out of this one so I just sat there already having a flashback-- no a flashforward on how my year will go. School hadn't even started and I looked forward to next summer.

Hey Guys, Chapter 1 is complete! Who let me know what you guys think because your comments matter a lot to me. So start commenting!!!!!

Also let me know if you guys are interested in my Instagram. There I post questions about how you want the story to go or what should/will happen, so tell me. :)))))