Chapter 47: Tryin' somethin' new

"Bye Mom, I'll be back by curfew" I said shutting the door and locking it, Luke was waiting outside for me in his car and I was really nervous. I had decided to wear the black dress I got when I went shopping with Talia and Izzy, but now that I was wearing it to go out, I felt like it was way too short for me to feel comfortable in, I told myself it was just me who thought so, but maybe I had grown a few inches and now the dress barely went up to half my thigh. I had on my little devil horns headband and let my hair down. I decided to wear black heel ankle boots and had a small trident to make the full look, and I also went for a bold red lip and added a black cape.

I saw Luke sitting in the car and couldn't make out what he was as I opened the car door. He noticed me looked surprised.

"Oh wow! Ashley you look really pretty" Luke said as I sat.

"Thanks, I know the dress is short, I didn't think it would be this short" I said as I noticed him looking at my exposed legs.

"Well it's a good thing you're wearing a cape" He said and started driving.

"I like your costume" I said quickly, but I didn't know what his costume was.

"Uh thanks I ordered a Mario costume but it didn't come so... had to improvise". He said laughing, then I realized he was wearing a red shirt and blue pants and he had light stearks on his shirt as well as a red cap on.

"Nice" I said.

********

"Wait, um why are we going to school?" I asked confused when I noticed the road was leading to school.

"Um because we're going to the dance?" Luke asked confused

"Yeah, it's not at school" I said

"What do you mean, it's called a dance because it's at school" Luke said like I was the one who didn't know what she was talking about.

"No Luke, we used to have a dance at school every year on Halloween, but then they canceled it, so since then we have it at Matt's place, and we just kept calling it Halloween dance" I tried explaining as fast as I could, and as realization hit him his jaw dropped in disappointment.

"Ohhhh" He said stopping the car in the school parking lot.

"Yeah, so let's get there before it's too late" I said

"Oh um, actually why don't we just not go?" Luke said

"What is that supposed to mean?"

"Well... Matt's and I are kind of not on good terms and he hates my guts becasue I told everyone he should be kicked off the football team because he's missed a lot of drills and practices, so then he kicked me off the team." Luke said nervously.

"So wait a minute, you're saying we can't go because you guys are in some sort of fight?" I asked to be clear.

"Um, I'm really sorry I had no idea it was at Matt's place, but I'll drop you to the 'dance' if you want" He said quoting dance with his fingers.

"No it's fine just please drop me home then" I said, I was disappointed I wouldn't get to go and see everyone's costumes, but if he wasn't going it would be rude if I went.

"I know you want to, it's fine I'm dropping you, he said and started the car. I didn't protest because I honestly did really want to go.

*********

"Hi, Ashley what took you so long" Matt asked as he opened the door, I went inside and glared at him.

"I honestly don't get why you have to scare Luke" I said shaking my head right to left and went past him.