Chapter 14: Dress hunt

Above is the dress Ashley likes ( trying to spoil anything, but just so you get the idea) Just remember her hair is longer and black ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Omg guys I put my whole Saturday into this book, and uploaded three chapters in one day! Please vote guys all you have to do is press the star and turn it into orange.

Talia, Izzy and I had been in a couple stores, but didn't find anything.

"We've been in five stores already, Talia doesn't seem to like anything, and Ashley, I don't even understand why don't you at least try on a dress!" she exclaimed.

"We're here for Talia I already have a dress at home" I said looking straight. Talia eyes looked like they could pop out any minute when I glanced at her.

"Are you serious, you told mom you would go buy a dress" She said.

"Well I changed my mind and remembered I have something at home already" I said. Before Izzy could say something else Talia said "Ok, I'm hungry let's have a break...ooh! A smoothie booth, come on, we'll finish shopping after we are refreshed!" she pulled us by our hands to the smoothie booth.

We sat there and Talia ordered a mango smoothie, Izzy ordered a vanilla milkshake and I ordered a raspberry smoothie. 

"Why is it a smoothie bar if, they sell milkshakes as well" Izzy asked no one shrugging.

Talia was texting someone. "Who is it?" I asked. 

"I'm asking my cousin where she got her dresses from" she said not moving her eyes from the phone, I nodded.

*******

We had finished or milkshake and smoothies, and now were going to this shop Talia's cousin said had the best dresses. "Ooh there it is" Talia said pointing to a sign made in gold and pink, it said Bijou on it, it looked like a fancy store. As we stepped in a strong rose scent blasted into our noses and I inhaled loving the fresh rose smell. The shop was huge. there were big boards hanging from the ceiling saying what there was in that section, and we headed towards the one that said dresses. when we reached the aisle I saw so many dresses. Maxis, minis, a-lines, bodycon, wrap, and so many more that I couldn't list. Talia squealed in delight and started digging for her dress, while I went around amused by so many dresses.

I went over to a section with smock dresses. I took out a couple and just saw how I looked with them, by putting them in front of my body. Then I heard Talia's voice she was calling my name. I went over to her and she looked depressed.  

"What happened to you?" I asked

"I don't know what to pick so how about you get a dress for me and I'll get one for you, then we'll try them on and see." she said

"Ooh and I'm picking you're jewelry, these people have got real fancy jewels!" Izzy said excitedly

"I'm not getting one" I said

"Oh come on!" she and Izzy both exclaimed. I sighed and they giggled and went to search. I went to do my own hunting. Since Talia was going with Matt now she'd want something...well more revealing, but not to much that she becomes into Cassie, we need to be decent and hot at the same time. Talia loved the glittery dress I got her, but the dress was for winters and she'd sweat like hell if she wore it right now.

I went over to the cocktail dresses and let my hand brush through each dress as I walked. I took a few dresses but then put them back in. I scanned the aisles and looked for dresses that would perfectly fit Talia's style. Then I saw a board saying Tube dresses and went over to that aisle.

Nothing really looked good enough, but then I saw the perfect dress right when I was about to go to the next aisle. I looked gorgeous, I took it out and looked at it with a full 360 view. It was perfect. It was a light purple off the shoulders dress, the elastic band at the top was fluffy  with lots of ruffles in it and soft and the arms would be covered with a thin net over them. The dress was only a little flowy at the bottom.

I grabbed it happy I found something and went to find Talia. Talia and Izzy were in the jewelry section. "Talia I found the perfect dress for you!" I exclaimed

"Me too!" she said

"Well go get changed then and show me!" Izzy said and we all went over to the changing rooms.

Talia went first she changed into her dress, while Izzy looked at the dress Talia picked for me and got jewelry for it. I still didn't know what kind of dress it was going to be.

Talia came out smiling "Ash! This is amazing...it's perfect it looks so good." She hugged me, I laughed. "Do you think Matt will like it?" she asked

"Yes he'll love it" I assured her. Izzy came running back and when she saw the dress she squealed "Oh my god Ash, you got to do my wardrobe" she said as she helped Talia put on the earrings and finish the look. 

"Ok! now Ashley your turn" Talia said excitedly giving me the dress.

I went in the changing room and put it on, then I examined it. It was a tight bodycon black dress with two thin elastics on the shoulders, so it wasn't strapless. It was pretty short, but long enough for me to comfortably bend down or sit. I loved it.

"Helloooo?" Izzy sang "We're waiting" she said. 

"By the way, what body type is she Talia?" Izzy asked, (I was an hourglass) Talia shrugged, and when she saw me her face lit up.

"Ooh this dress fits you like it was made for you" Izzy complimented

"Dang girl, with that dress, you're gonna have every guy drooling" Talia laughed, proud of her choice.

"Thank you Talia this is just the thing I need to add to my collection. It was perfect for casual, and I could just put on some sneakers and a denim jacket, or classy and wear a coat, a pair of heels and some jewelry.

"This is perfect for any occasion, you have to buy it" Izzy said, I laughed and nodded.

*********

We spent a couple hours going around the store and Talia got two more dresses.

********

When I got home I sat down on my bed, tired. Mom had come in and told me that dinner would be ready in thirty minutes. I decided to change into my sleepwear since I'd be changing into them in a couple hours anyways, and I wanted to wear something comfy. I took out my favorite shirt, it was my favorite because of how soft the fabric was. I got out my sweatpants as well.

We all had dinner and Jack had made a new friend, he was obsessed with boasting about it. Izzy told them about the store and how mom had to go there with her. I didn't say much because I was exhausted, and just waited to go to sleep.

Today was better than I thought, but tomorrow was Monday and I was not looking forward to seeing Bryan.

Okay all I want to say right now is, have an awesome day or night and keep reading, and if you're liking the book and got until here than thank you for reading and vote please!

So guys I won't be able to add a new chapter tomorrow, but on tuesday 9/21/21 I'll be back to writing and write at least one chapter for y'all. Ttyl!

P.s. I will still be posting on instagram: vanilla_pages_