Chapter 19: The sleep over

I think I'll add this one and another chapter today to make up for the days I was sick last week and wasn't able to...sorry <3

"Come on, Ashley I have to go by my office before the deadline" My mom shouted from downstairs

"Coming!" I said, I put my pajamas in the bag, I looked over what I was wearing, a casual white drawstring shirt that had a v-line cut with denim shorts and my small golden chain necklace. I twirled around once and darted downstairs. We went to mom's car and she drove faster than ever. She dropped me at Chloe's and talked with her mom for a couple minutes, then she left.

*****

I looked around Chloe's house, the set up had changed and there were vibrant new blue sofas in the lounge room and bright yellow pillows. In the center was a glass table aligned with a thick gold barrier tracing.

Chloe noticed me looking around her house and said "He's in his room, don't worry" 

I gave a confused expression "What?"

"Zack, his in his room, relax" She said again

"Oh, what no I don't care, not anymore. I was looking at your new setup, it looks good" I said

she gave me a little nod. 

Zack was her older brother, who I liked last year, and he found out somehow and came up to me at school and told me, he didn't date losers like me. It hurt then, and I would avoid him every way I could. But it was over, guys like him didn't deserve any girl's time and heart. I don't care if I see him or not, something I should've done earlier which would've not have wasted so much of my time. That was the only time Bryan didn't care if we were enemies and stood up for me, when Zack tried to make fun of me in front of everyone.

*****

Vanessa and Talia came over after a while, and we all were just lounging in the living room, now.

"Someone's really quiet" Vanessa said making a weird face. All their heads turned towards me. I raised my eye brow in confusion "What?!" I laughed.

"Oh please like none of us know what you di-" Chloe said, but stopped when she noticed someone coming down the stairs. We all stayed quiet and I turned around to see who it was. It was Zack, I rolled my eyes and looked forward, Chloe was rolling her eyes as well. Zack went in the kitchen and we were all still quiet, waiting for him to leave.  I went to Chloe's room to get my phone, just incase he creates drama I'd ask someone to take me home. He came back from the kitchen and went to the living room where we were.

"Why are you guys sitting here?" He asked almost screaming, I could hear him from her room.

"Shut up and go back to your room Zack" Chloe screamed back, I went back to the room. Zack looked at the sofas and then at Talia and Vanessa.

"No Ashley?" He said amused "Must've been too ashamed" He said laughing, I walked in the living room, and was facing Zack's back. 

Talia was about to say something, but I said "I'm behind you" I said crossing my arms. Zack turned around and his amused expression faded away quickly. His jaw dropped, he tried shutting it, but it was still a little open. I hated how he was looking at me, his eyes kept looking down. 

"as*hole" I said grossed out

"Stop checking out my friend!" Chloe said feeling the same vibe as me

Zack came back to his senses and smirked "Like she minds" he said, I was mad, but I ignored him. Chloe got up "Zack get out or you'll regret it" Chloe had a skill for tang soo do and she was going to use it, she was a black belt and I'd seen her defend herself when a guy tried hitting on her last year. Zack knew he'd get hurt bad so he gave a look and went upstairs.