Chapter 7: Bryan talk

Short chapter but I just wanted to give you one before the juicy stuff came

"Hi Mrs. Anne, how are you?" I heard Talia's voice as mom let her in.

"I'm great Talia, Ashley told me yesterday you guys have a really big assignment for tomorrow, which you needed each others help for." Talia nervously nodded, I came to greet Talia and so that she doesn't start babbling and babble why she really came.

"Why don't you guys relax a little first and then get on with your work, it's been a while since you've met each other somewhere other than school" Mom said clipping up her dark red dyed hair into a bun. "Ashley you know where the snack container, and drinks are so go ahead" she said going back to her office room. 

Talia squealed "Finally we are allowed to eat whatever we want!" she said putting her fist up in the air.

"Yeah, remember how you would secretly bring chocolates and those gummy worms and we would eat them hiding under a fort we would make" I said going to the kitchen and opening the cupboard with all the junk food in it, which at a time only dad was allowed to take snacks from and only when his friends were over.

She laughed "Everything was so simple. You wake up, go to school, talk about what your mommy packed for lunch, scream that boys have cooties, come back from school play with your friends and sleep and repeat" she sighed. I sighed as well, throwing Cheetos at Talia. She caught them "Thank you, you're not eating Cheetos" She asked as she saw me taking out Doritos.

"Nope, I really don't understand this whole Cheeto addiction of yours" I said opening the fridge and presenting it to Talia. She took out a can of coke and curtsied. I laughed and got an orange juice box. 

"And you still don't like sodas?" She asked

"Well it's not like they're good for you, so I'm doing myself a favor" I never liked sodas, not after my dad gave my soda when I was two years old. I've hated the fizziness while others drank spent extra just for the fizziness in their water.

We both went upstairs and sat on my bed.

"So what's up with you two?" Talia asked getting up and quickly closing the door before jumping back on my bed

"Who two?" I asked, Talia rolled her eyes and sighed

"You and Bryan, duh" 

"What's there to talk about?" I asked putting a chip in my mouth

"Well, I saw Bryan when I was coming to you're house" she said sipping her coke "He said, you were in love with him" she said widening her eyes expecting me to spill.

"Oh yeah he's just messing with you, Ben said that I was in love with him yesterday, that's all" I said knowing why Bryan said that to Talia, why does he always try to get in a conversation without even being there.

"So, do you?" She asked not making eye contact. I stopped eating, put my juice box on my side table. I looked at her smiling wider, then suddenly frowning "No, of course not! Talia I can't believe you don't know me after so many years!" I complained, the girl knew more about me than I did.

"Well, if he was the same Bryan from last year, I wouldn't have, but come on you saw the change. Don't tell me you didn't because I saw how you guys were talking on the first day of school" She said pointing her finger at me. She was right, Bryan and I would either scream at each other or act like we didn't see each other. Now it was a more... more teasing than fighting, and he's started smirking a lot in our conversations.

"Well, he was just trying to annoy me" I said finishing the rest of my juice.

"Nah, more like trying to flirt" She said having that thinking face. I choked on my orange juice.

"Shut up Talia flirting is what you and Matt do!" she shook her head no "Yeah you think no one notices Matt twirling your hair or rubbing your knee?" Now it was her who choked on her chips.

"So, at least I'm not denying that we were flirting" she said after calming down. I rolled my eyes at her. "Come on, Ashley I saw how he blocked you from leaving, which he never did you guys would always try to avoid eachother, And I saw how you blushed while leaving the hallway". I knew she wasn't going to stop so I decided to get on with our 'assignment'.

"Can we now get started" I asked getting up and throwing the empty juice box and chip packet into the bohemian style trash can. 

Bryan had got me that last year for my birthday. I was trying to make my room have a terracotta look and he bought me a beige trash can saying it was my long lost twin.

Talia got up and we both got to work.

Keep reading next chapter is gonna be a big surprise! will be up by the Saturday, but if you guys want to read it earlier than tell me in the comments and I'll work on it at night as well and get it up by today!