Chapter 15: The interrupted essay

Surprise! I couldn't let my readers down so I published today as well (I mean it when I say I love y'all)

Guys please tell me if any of you are Wattpad writers, I'd love to support y'all. But if you aren't or are please support me and vote, comment, share!

By the way go check out my ig: vanilla_pages_ .There I post about the book and ask you what you want to happen in the book, and then take you're advice

It was finally Thursday, the day before the party. I had not made any eye contact with Bryan and only went to his house to talk to Aunt Clarice when he had football practice. Bryan was obsessed with football as a kid and he joined the team. But last year he started to lose interest and now he just plays for the team.

I was awesome at hiding from him and it seemed like he was hiding from me as well. I don't know why we were, but it was just so awkward. 

I was walking out of class with Vanessa when Bryan came to me. "Hey, can I talk to you" he said. I agreed and we went to one of the lunch tables outside so there wouldn't be a lot of people . We needed to talk this was getting old now.

"Ok so, um do you know what you're wearing at the party?" He asked once we were sitting.

I frowned in confusion "I'm not wearing a dress, I'm wearing jeans" I said he frowned this time. "Ok listen this is really awkward, I'm going to go to the party with you, but then go to a near by park, and while you're there I'll be in the park. When you're done we'll go home together, simple" I said getting to the point. 

He started laughing "Yeah, no Ashy. I'm going to show how much fun it is, and you're wearing a dress" He said getting up, like we just ended the conversation. 

"Excuse me I'll do what I please, and you call me Ashy once more you're gonna regret it" I said getting up and crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh yeah, then I guess I'll tell them what you were really doing and you won't get any cupcakes" He shot back. I glared at him, flipped my hair to the side and walked away. I did hear him shout out "Wear a dress!" But I didn't reply or even look at him.

***************

After school

"So do you want to get ready together, it'll be so much fun!" Talia said

"I wish, but I don't think Bryan will agree to pick me up from your house since it's so far away. Plus you can't get ready at mine since Matt won't be able to pick you up" I said. I hated how we lived so far away, why couldn't Bryan be living there and Talia next door.

"Yeah you're right it would've been awesome, but it won't workout" She sighed.

********

The next day (Friday) (aka Cassie's party day)

I woke up not ready for the late night I would be having, and thanks to Bryan I wouldn't be reading in a quiet park, but standing in a crowd of idiots...well mostly idiots. 

As I sat in Bryan's car he didn't say anything except for telling me to be ready at eight. Why did parties start so late...wait never mind I already know.

Talia was crazy excited and kept talking about how Matt kept winking at her in class. I was so busy finishing writing my final essay draft in English class that I didn't hear most of the stuff she whispered.

"Hello? Are you even listening" She nudged me. I looked at her and she looked upset I wasn't paying attention to her love story.

"No...but I am now" I said putting my pencil down. Ms. Wells wasn't in the class and was talking to a senior about his studies in the classroom next to us, and told us to finish our drafts.

"Ok so I said that I hope Matt finally takes a step, and kisses me. I mean we have been on a couple dates and I think he likes me but he doesn't kiss me, all he does is hold my hand, that only in his car." She said complaining

"Maybe he's the shy type?" I thought out loud

"Well it's getting annoying, so I really hope he kisses me tonight" She said crossing her arms and leaning back in her chair.

"Why don't you just kiss him?" I asked. Talia's eyes popped out like I insulted her. I know girls want guys to make the first step, but come on this is the 21st century.

"No! Ash you know I'll never kiss him" She said offended for some reason

"Ok, well I'm just saying-" I was interrupted by someone eaves dropping in our conversation.

"Talia just man up...I mean girl up...women up and kiss the dude ok?" Bryan said. Me and Talia both turned around and saw Bryan sitting there leaned back in his chair relaxed with a stupid smirk on his face. 

"Why were you eavesdropping?" Talia asked shocked

"That's not what we're talking about" He said

"We? You weren't a part of the conversation" I said. He glared at me and I glared back.

"I'll give better advice than a girl who hates parties, besides I'm a guy so I'll know stuff from his point of view, plus I think we're forgetting it's my best friend you're talking about here" He said confidently. He made a good point so I just looked over at Talia and stayed quiet.

"Fine tell me, does Matt like me?" She asked holding her chin with her hand and placing her elbow on the table.

"I'm not a fortune teller, just remember that" He said 

"You're his best friend so you know!" She said

"Hey! us guys don't talk about love, and clothes okay, and we especially don't talk about details in dates and stuff" He said making a girly voice when he said Love and Clothes. Talia rolled her eyes and waited for him to say something.

"Yeah I think he likes you" He said putting his hands up. Talia started smiling and looked at me happy she got some good news.

I looked at her then I looked over at Bryan, it looked like he was actually telling the truth. He looked at me and smirked why did he have to smirk I don't know why it affected me and how, it made me feel a little weak in the knees which felt really weird. So I looked away.

"You know boys think it's really hot when a girl makes the first move" He said, I quickly looked at him, and he was still looking at me. 

Talia turned her head around and smiled "Is that a message to Ashley" she asked looking like she was about to explode in laughter. "She does decide everything, so I'm gonna leave this one to her as well" he said and leaned forward. It made me shiver and I didn't understand why, come on Ashley, this is Bryan you're talking to! I ignored his comment and turned around to finish that last sentence I was writing that had been interrupted by Talia. Talia started giggling quietly, I glared at her to tell her to shut up.

One more chapter complete...I wonder if something juicy will happen in the next chapter? Nah not really. But you'll see if there is any thing interesting!