Chapter 16: Cassie's secret house

I've got a feeling you're gonna like this chapter ;):)

enjoyyyyy

Bryan said to be ready at eight. I had two more hours and what I was doing wasn't getting ready for it, but sitting on the couch and watching Riverdale again. I was just trying to make time go faster since I had nothing to do. I had changed and ate some actual food, which I was sure there wouldn't be any of at Cassie's. Then it hit me, why was Cassie inviting me? She never did and she wouldn't go a day without giving one of her snarky comments. So how on earth did she not say anything from the first day of school?

As I was busy with my thought my dad came in the lounge room. "Hi Ashley, why are you sitting here, shouldn't you be at a party?" He asked scrunching his face

"Yeah only teens love night parties " I said turning the TV off after seeing that I had ten more minutes.

"Well at least go get ready so you're not in a hurry afterwards" He said

"I am ready" I said putting my hands on my hips. My dad looked at me like I was crazy then just sighed and went to the kitchen.

*******

It was eight now and Bryan messaged me that he's waiting outside. I grabbed my phone and went outside. Bryan had put the roof back up now. I sat in and Bryan was giving me the same look my dad gave me.

"What?" I said annoyed

"Why didn't you wear a dress" He said 

"I can wear what I want and it's not compulsory to wear a dress!" I snapped at him. He put his hands up surrendering. 

I was wearing a black cropped cami top with a high waisted black mini skirt, which was a little flowy at the bottom, and I wore my sneakers. I didn't want everyone to notice me in bright colors so I wore black. And I wore a baggy grey zip-up hoodie, which I had zipped up all the way.

We drove for a while in silence. Bryan kept tapping his hand on the steering wheel. He cursed a couple times when he went the wrong way. He looked nervous, but for what?

"Are you ok?" I asked Bryan amused by how nervous he was for whatever reason.

He looked at me and and then he took a wrong turn again, then he cursed, I laughed.

He glanced at me and made a face "Why is this so funny to you?" he asked.  I tried to control my laughter before answering "Well why are you so nervous?" I asked.

"Because we're most likely going to be there by ten if I don't get these directions right." He said scratching his neck. I looked at him, and for the first time he actually looked handsome. He jawline looked amazing in the car's dim light and all his features looked so breath taking.  He put his arm like he always would when he'd reverse the car, but this time, he looked at me for a minute and I was still looking at him. What had this guy done with the Bryan I knew, who was a jerk and a prankster?

Bryan was still looking at me when suddenly the car hit something hard and we both fell forward. It hurt like hell my knee got a bit scratched and burned, Bryan's head hit the steering wheel. Bryan parked the car right there, and we both got out looking for what hit the car and if it caused any damage to the car.

There was a pipe, a big pipe just laying there. We both looked at eachother confused. I tried moving the pipe, but it wasn't strong enough. I looked up at Bryan and he was smiling. "Hello, a little help" I said annoyed. He bent down and held it from the other side. He did most of the carrying but I still held it from the other side. We put it on the side and Bryan got out a water bottle. He told me to put my hands forward and I did, then her poured the water over my hands to clean the grease from the pipe. Once my hands were clean he did the same for his while I sat back in the car.