Chapter 12: Forced to Party

Ok so I put dates in there, but they mean something else...you'll see, tell me if you get it after reading the chapter.

Enjoyyyyy <3

Me and Aunt Clarice talked for hours about school, the summer, and I even about dresses it was like how we would talk before this summer happened, It felt great.

"Ooh remember I got you a beige dress last year?" Aunt Clarice asked.

"Uh, yes I do remember, and I still ask you, why did it have to be beige?! You could have gotten any other color there was so much variety." I said my hands flying up and down exasperatingly, she started laughing.

"Well I thought we could add a new color to your closet" she said sipping on her tea, she and mom couldn't go a day without at least one cup of tea, they were addicted. 

"So what are you wearing?" She asked, I was confused "What do you mean, I'm wearing jeans and shirt" I told her 

"No Ashley, I meant what are you wearing to the party?" She asked again, I was confused even more Bryan told her about Cassie's party honestly...that's new.

"Oh yeah I'm not going" I quickly said after zoning out a little, Aunt Clarice put down her cup on the coffee table and stared at me like I was insane.

"What nonsense is this?!" She asked not believing me. "Aunt Clarice you know I never liked parties, and now that we're older...that's just made me lost all interest in them" I said trying to just move away from this topic, because she'd push me and I'd have no choice but to go.

"That's because you've got no idea about what makes the party so fun!" She exclaimed and made an expression which looked like she was remembering the parties she went to.

"Alcohol?" I asked, I mean everyone thought now it was compulsory to have alcohol at parties or it wasn't fun.

"No" She laughed "Well yes, but there's more than just teens dancing drunk" She said putting one leg on the other "There's getting ready with your friends, Dancing, Than the games, and well making out with your crush" I cringed a little thinking of Aunt Clarice making out with someone.

"You know me and your Uncle Jordan first kissed at a party while playing truth or dare" She said smiling, I had to drive the conversation away from her love story because it would be way too weird.

"Ok! um weren't  we talking about the party that I'm not going to?" I said a little panicked. And while I was at changing the subject I couldn't have changed it to something else. Great Ashley, just great.

"Right sorry, so what are you wearing, and you can't tell me you're not going because you are" She said strictly, I sighed.

"I can't I have a lot of math homework, it's like the teachers knew we were going to a party this week and every teacher gave us some homework" I quickly made up the best believable story I could.

Aunt Clarice lightly laughed "relax, the party is on Friday, you've got the whole weekend to do it" She knew I was lying.

"But I don't even have a good dress for that, since I don't go usually, or a date, oh and mom won't give me permission" I said anything and everything that I thought would help convince her not to force me into this.

"Honestly I can't believe your Anne's daughter, she was wild when she was your age" she laughed "Ashley I'm not hearing any of this, your mom will allow you, and what do you mean you don't have a date, you're smart and gorgeous, I bet thousands of guys would ask you if you just said you were going!"

I bit my lip, knowing I was now going.

As Aunt Clarice poured herself more tea and I sat there thinking of a way to explain to her not to force me, Bryan came downstairs and when he saw me there he made a exaggerated frown.

"Why is the still here?" He asked sitting on the modern rocking chair, my mom gifted Aunt Clarice for her birthday.

"Well it's not like I have to give an answer to you, but Ashley needs someone to be her date to Cassie's party, anyone you think is good enough for her?" Aunt Clarice quickly said before I could interrupt, then she gave me that look that said you're going Ashley and that is final so I just leaned back in my seat sighing.

"You're going to the party?!" He asked in disbelief looking at me with a smirk

"Yes and she needs a date" Aunt Clarice answered for me

"Well if this were last year I'd take you, but this year I've got every girl drooling over me, so I guess you can go with Leo" He said. Leo was this guy who every girl had, had a crush on at least for a little while, I used to have a crush on him too back in eighth grade, but no one knew about it. I stayed quiet knowing I'd not stop yelling at him if I started and that would cost me.

"Oh well do you have a date?" Aunt Clarice asked

"No, but I'll have one by tomorrow" He said, he was enjoying this way too much.

"Bryan I want Ashley to have the best time especially since she's doing this because I asked her to" More like forced but ok "So I don't want losers like Leo who are obsessed with themselves to take her to the party." Aunt Clarice was so serious about finding me a date it made me laugh.

"Well then I don't know who can take your princess to the dance" He said crossing his arms over his chest. I bit my lip, just so I wouldn't snap back at him for that. I looked at Aunt Clarice and she was thinking of what to do, then I looked over at Bryan and he was looking at me, my lip to be exact, his eyes met mine when he noticed I was looking at him and I quickly stopped biting my lip and looked down. 

"Ok since you Bryan you don't know who to go with and I need Ashley to go with someone who I can trust...you guys are going together." Aunt Clarice said, and it felt like she just hit me with a bomb.

"But Aunt Clarice, I don't want to go anyways, and now you're making me go with...him!"

"Yeah I've got so many girls drooling over me, and I go with her?!" He exclaimed in shock. I was about to say something when my phone started ringing, it was mom. I picked it up and asked her if everything was okay. She said I had to come home now since I'd been over at Aunt Clarice's for more than three hours. I hugged Aunt Clarice bye, and flipped my hair ignoring Bryan say bye. 

So much for being friends.

Oooooh they have to go together. I know Aunt Clarice is being nice and wants Ashley to see how much fun it is, but is this really the way.

Well if I'm writing it then I guess it is hahah