Chapter 40: Dreadful decision

Sorry guys haven't posted for a while had exams :|

"Coming" we heard mom shout from the other side of the door. We were finally home and Bryan was holding our bags while I was still on crutches. We waited in front of my house's door and I could sense how nervous Bryan was, we both knew Aunt Clarice and Mom would be scolding us for hours if not days about this, especially Bryan.

"Listen, Ashley don't cover up what happened, it-" Bryan was saying turning towards me with a guilty expression, but Mom opened the door.

"Back so early?" She asked confused, and then she spotted the crutches and the cast, she gasped in horror, her face screaming fear.

"What on Earth!" She exclaimed, she opened the door wider and helped me through the door, she kept glancing at Bryan for an explanation, but he wouldn't look anywhere but the ground while putting our bags on the side and closing the door.

Mom helped me sit on the sofa and stood in front of me "Get in here Bryan!" she called from the living room with a stern tone, Bryan walked in sitting in front of me across the sofa. "Let your Clarice get here" Mom said.

"Mom-" I said

"No! Frist tell me how you injured yourself when I warned you to stay safe, and you know that I did not mean being safe during..." She said her voice trailing off as she noticed what she was referring to in front of Bryan.

I glanced at Bryan, and even in this situation I could see a smirk crawling up his face, I pressed my lips together from tying not say something to him.

Mom cleared her throat "How did you get this cast?" She asked now calmly.

"I was running around the pool, and then bumped into a person, then I kind of slipped and Bryan had to take me to the hospital" I said, quickly thinking from the top of my head.

Bryan gave me a 'don't cover it' look, but I ignored it. Then the bell rang and Mom went to get it, we all knew it was Aunt Clarice. 

They walked in and when Aunt Clarice saw my cast she gasped "Bryan, how did she get hurt when you were with her!" She started scolding Bryan patting my forehead.

"No Aunt Clarice, it's not his fault, in fact it could've gotten worse if he hadn't bolted me to the hospital" I tried reasoning with her.

"Ashley, you've never covered up for him, so don't do it now either just because now he has muscles!" Aunt Clarice glared at me warning me to spill. "And if he's blackmailing you-" Aunt Clarice said.

"No he's not, I'm fine" I said

"Right well this is the last time you two are going anywhere" Mom said, I slouched on the couch sighing while Bryan sat there quietly not saying another word.

"Definitely, and Bryan you're grounded" Aunt Clarice said, now I felt awful, if these two found out that it was Cassie, or that she was there thanks to Bryan... I don't even wanna think about it.

**********

"That's it! Phh, she should've given him a broken foot as well" Talia scoffed over the phone.

"Talia... you have no idea how much they scolded him and he's grounded for a week or two" I said groaning.

"How can you feel bad when it's his fault you got hurt" Talia said, I rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me.

"Ok I know you love me" I said, and she hummed in agreement

"I do..." She said telling me to continue

"But put yourself in his shoes for a second, he was just being nice to her like he is, how was he supposed to know that she'd try to pierce my foot with her three inch heel." I tried to reason with her, she paused and actually listened.

After what felt like hours she said "Ash I don't even think he's worthy of you". 

"What do you mean" I asked in confusion

"I know you like him, but I kind of just feel like he's playing with you, he kisses you but doesn't talk about it, we both know he stares at you, but he just won't say anything, maybe..." Talia said and she didn't need to finish her sentence for me to understand.

She was right, but I didn't want to accept it, the heat, the tension I felt with him, I just knew he did too. But I wasn't pushing it away like he was, he's kissed me twice, and let me repeat HE was the one who kissed me, he may just not want to date. But then this thing going on with me and him has to stop, I can't keep going on like this.

"Ashley?" Talia asked hesitantly, striking me out of my thoughts

"Oh! Um Talia can I call you later, I kind of tired" I said not really listening to what I was saying or what she said back before I ended the call and lay there.

This wasn't working and I think I don't actually like him, but like most of the other girls I also got hypnotized by that godly body and personality, when I actually thought I wasn't. Well it all ended tonight. 

Duh-dum!

Just so you keep reading this book is not finished! Attention people, this book is still going on! 

But other than that, tell me what you thought about Ashley's decision, what would you have done if you were her? Tell me in the comments section! :)))