Chapter 42: Pain

Ok so the name of this chapter is basic but honestly it is pain so...read! :))))

"Morning Ashley!" Luke shouted happily as I got into his rusty car.

"How are you so enthusiastic at this time" I said groaning, shutting the car door so he could start the car.

"I don't know, the weather is amazing and I've got someone to company me to school today...so I just naturally feel happy" He said starting the car laughing, his laugh was really something. I started smiling a little too, even though I had, had the worst start to the day anyone could have.

"So I was thinking of stopping for coffee?" He said

"Oh god, yes! Please I need energy" I said slouching in my seat, he saluted and took a turn to the nearest café.

*******

"Vanilla iced latte" Luke said passing me a warm divine cup of heavenly coffee, I quickly gave him a 'thank you' look before gulping down some of the hot devouring drink.

We sat in the car and twenty minutes later arrived to school, I unbuckled my seat and was about to get out of the car but Luke told me to stay put, I gave him a confused look to which he just rolled his eyes. Then he went around the car and opened the car door for me. I slapped my forehead laughing, and he waited for me to get out.

"Seriously?" I asked, Luke gave a stern nod.

"As my mom says, ladies should always be treated with respect" He said shutting the door behind me and clicking the car to lock.

"Your mom, huh?" I asked.

"Yep" He said as we walked to the building and found our way to our lockers, which then made me notice how far away our lockers were, Luke's was on the highest floor while mine was right across from the entrance. Waving at him I opened my locker and took out my books for the day.

"Seriously?" I heard someone say from the other side of my locker door, I shut my locker door to see Bryan standing there. Oh, how I had missed being able to look at those perfect eyes every morning- No Ashley stop it!

"What?" I asked confused

"You're coming to school with Luke?" He said.

"So, that's not of your concern" I said zipping up my bag.

"Oh? You've ditched me and keep avoiding me?!" I could hear the harshness in his voice, I gulped at how his anger was slowly rising.

"Ashley look at me" He said, I couldn't he had too much rage in his eyes.

"Ashley" He almost whispered, I looked up into his brown eyes and they softened, maybe he could feel the fear I felt. His jaw clenched and brushed his hair out of his face, exhaling.

"Why are you avoiding me?" He asked, I stayed quiet "Is it something I did? Are you upset because of what Cassie did to you on the trip? I'm sorry, I said sorry." He kept talking.

I didn't know how to respond, I wasn't mad at him, I just didn't know how to face him and not feel attracted to him. So I said the first thing that came to my mind, when I saw Luke passing by the hallway to his class.

"It's not that, I like Luke." I said looking behind Bryan at Luke. Bryan didn't say a word he stayed there like a statue, and when I looked into his eyes I wished I hadn't. He looked like he might collapse right there. I didn't know what to say.

"Bryan-" I said, but he didn't let me finish.

"Don't" He said, then he closed his eyes and said after opening them again "If you like Luke, I'm no one to say anything, plus it's smart to ride with him to and from school, so you can get close" He whispered the last part like it hurt him.