Chapter 11: Open up?

This just needed to be added as a chapter

The days had gone by fast and now here I was sitting in History, third period and in front of me were Cassie and Bryan. Cassie kept twirling her hair and touching his arm, well his muscles. It was kind of disgusting how she kept bending down to pick up her pen in front of him either showing off her butt or chest. From my view it looked like Bryan wasn't interested, but I could see a smile creeping up once in a while. I mean the guy would've jumped of a cliff if Cassie was willing to date him last year. This year...well this year has already started very differently, with puberty hitting hard and us becoming friends. 

Grace, who was Cassie's friend, saw me looking at them with disgust and she rolled her eyes at them, laughing. Grace wasn't the mean type at all, she had never bullied anyway and it was just the people she hung out with I hated, but Grace was nice.

******

"Okay, so remember when I asked you to go to Cassie's party with me?" Talia asked putting down her tray of food. I nodded, it was like a week ago.

"Well...you don't need to, Matt asked me to the party!" She said smiling gleefully. I put down my fork and started squealing, I was so happy they were together and that she was happy.

"Talia that's awesome!" I said going over to her side of the table and hugging her.

"Matt asking me out or you not having to go to the party?" she teased, I lightly hit her arm. "Even though you don't have to go you HAVE to come, please?" she requested.

"We'll see, but first we need to talk about what you're wearing. I went to the mall a while ago and I found this shimmering green dress and it'll look perfect with your diamond earrings!" I said getting excited, I loved getting ready and helping others, especially my bestie.

Talia and I spent the rest of lunch time talking about outfits and jewelry she could wear at the party then went to our classes.

********

"Hi Aunt Clarice!" I said sitting next to her on the sofa

"Hello Ashley, you never talk to me anymore" Aunt Clarice pouted

"Well we can talk now, what do you want to talk about?" I asked smiling guiltily

"Tell me are you having any boy problems?" She asked getting closer

"No, why would I be having boy problems?" I said biting into a bruschetta

"Well I thought you were getting asked out a lot so I'm just asking. Are you falling for Bryan? Is that why you aren't fighting anymore?" she spoke really quickly. I started choking on my bite and grabbed a glass of water from the coffee table. When I finished the glass, I put it back down and stared at Aunt Clarice "Aunt Clarice I thought you knew me more than my mother?!" I was shocked she could even think such...horrid things, gross. Being friends was one thing liking each other, totally different.

She sighed "Come on Ashley, you haven't had a boyfriend yet and don't have a crush on anyone, there's so many guys in your class and you don't look at even one. I just want to see you in love and happy." she said. It made me so thankful to have her in my life, to have her care for me as much, I hugged her.

"I don't need any guy to be happy, I've got you and Mom, Dad, Izzy, Jack, Ben, Uncle Jordan, and in a way even Bryan, and it's not that I don't want to date anyone, no one wants to date me." Aunt Clarice started laughing "That's because you don't open up, otherwise everyone would fall in love with you if you did"

I thought about that the whole night, do I really need to open up? I kept asking myself.

Ok so this was a really short chapter, but this needed to be added so I could put the good parts in later...you'll see! Share this book with people you think who'll like it, have anyone in mind?