Chapter 10: Pillow fight

Ok I think you're gonna like what happens in this chapter!

"So let me get this straight we did all that cleaning yesterday for nothing?" I asked confused

"Yeah well Cassie's parents changed their trip to next Friday" She said putting another spoonful in her mouth. We'd been finishing our homework at her place and now were just lounging it her room eating ice cream.

My phone started ringing and it was Bryan "Hello?" I said wondering why he was calling. "Ashley can you reply to your mom, she's been texting you for an hour!" He sounded annoyed, but I couldn't blame him, when I don't reply my mom freaks out. 

"Sorry I was busy, I'll call her now, thanks" I said hanging up. I read mom's messages and she said I have to come home, it's urgent. 

"I still can't believe how you guys have decided to become friends" Talia said finishing her ice cream. 

"It's better this way" I said getting up "Mom says I have to come home, something important" I got my car keys and put my laptop and books in my backpack.

"You're driving?" she asked throwing the empty ice cream cartons in the trash.

"I don't have an option, plus I drove us here" I pointed out

"Yeah, remind me never to sit in a car where Ashley is driving, I thought you'd gotten better"

"Nope, sorry Talia" I laughed and hugged her bye.

**********

I entered the house and put my back pack next to the door. I went to the living room where I could hear someone talking.

"Mom?" I asked when I saw that she was talking to Izzy and Bryan and his family were there.

"Ashy there you are, what took you so long? I said it was urgent" she said not even realizing that she said Ashy.

"Mom, why'd you have to say Ashy I'm not five anymore" I whined, I could sense Bryan smirking behind me. Ugh.

"Well you'll always be five to me" Mom said laughing and holding Jack in her arms. "Anyways, your parents, uncle Jordan, and I are going out and we need you and Bryan to take care of the kids." Aunt Clarice said getting up from the sofa

"What, this was urgent?" I asked in disbelief

"You wouldn't have come if we told you otherwise" Dad said. I groaned "But dad we're already cleaning the attics this weekend as punishment, and now this"

"Ok then you can have your weekend back and we'll clean the attics like before, but you have to watch the kids now" Mom said. I raised an eye brow in surprise, Mom negotiating that's new. But I thought if I disagreed a bit more they'd compromise, and so I did. 

"No, you have no idea how hard it is to keep these kids under control, and then they don't even listen to us!" I lied, it wasn't all a lie Jack would cry when I told him it was time for bed, but honestly it was pretty easy to watch them.

"Alright, you can order food instead of eating what your mother cooked Anne cooked" My dad sighed, Mom glared at dad but he had let us so mom let it go.

I was about to ask for something more but then Bryan didn't let me "Great!, ok we'll handle them see you tomorrow" He said walking them out the door and slamming it behind.

I turned around to look where Izzy, Ben, and Jack were, and they all had their hands on their hips frowning at me. "Ok I was lying you guys are the best kids in the world, I just said that...so we could order McDonalds for you, so I should be mad that you're frowning at me."