Chapter 8: Consequences

*Surprise, surprise; Bryan's pov

I woke up, by a little thud on my window. I looked at it and saw nothing there, must've have been my imagination. I lay down back on my bed. Then after a while I heard noises like something was hitting the windows.  

Could it be a bird?

I got out of bed and grabbed my shirt from my side table, quickly putting it on, I opened the blinds and the sun's bright light filled the room, squinting a little I opened the door.  There around the barrier of the terrace was a long paper hanging, like a banner. Something was written on the other side of the banner so I went to the banner and what I read shocked me.

If you think I'm hot throw a coin

It said in bright yellow letters I was furious, there was only one person who could've done this, I went over to the huge plants that covered the thin barrier, I started pushing the plants aside when a coin flew and hit my shoulder. I looked out the terrace and saw Samantha, our neighbor across the street on the roof smiling sheepishly. I rolled my eyes. This girl had been calling me everyday and then boasted to her friends that we were together. So what?! Now that I gained a couple muscles and abs every girl who thought I was annoying is calling and texting me everyday. 

I went back to the banner ripped it, and went to Ashley's side.

*******

I had been pounding on her door for like ten minutes and she wouldn't wake up, her blinds were halfway down so I could see her sleeping and not hearing the noise. I ran and got my phone from my room, and sat in front of the window on one of her beanbags, after three rings she picked up.

"Open the window." I said, she glanced at the window and spotted me sitting there, turning her phone off, she got up grabbed her hoodie and put it on over her shorts and shirt. She opened the window, finally.

"Why are you being a creep and watching me sleep?" she demanded "Hey that rhymed" she said to herself.

"Ashley what was that for?!"I asked upset and ignoring her rhyming skills. She looked confused and then realizing what I was talking about she started laughing.

"Oh yeah, did you like my comeback" she said still laughing, I got a pillow from her bed and threw it at her face.

"Hey!" she said picking it up from the ground and throwing it back, I caught it and threw it on the bed. "Well that's what you get for ruining my morning on the first day of school" she said becoming serious.

"Oh, well at least I didn't damage your windows! my windows have scratches on them because of people's coin, and now I'll have to pay for that to get fixed, because Dad will think I was having a party or something!" I was almost shouting now. Almost.

"Should have thought about it, before you carelessly, ruined my morning, didn't answer my calls, and told mom and Aunt Clarice that someone asked my on a date!" She said counting on her fingers.

"It's too early for this!" Izzy whined from the now wide open door. Mom, Aunt Anne, Izzy, and Ben were all standing there looking really mad. We hadn't even noticed how high our voices were at eight am.

"Mom? Wh...What are.. you doing here" I asked scratching my neck.

" I thought I would come here and enjoy some quality time with my bestie" She said, her voice was really low which meant we weren't getting out of this any time soon.

"Izzy, Ben you guys go down and finish your waffles, we need to talk to these two" Aunt Anne said crossing her arms.

*******

Mom and Aunt Anne stood in front of us both looking really upset. 

"Come on guys when will you grow up! You act like five year old's" Aunt Anne said

"What's the problem with you two? Izzy and Ben get along so well, they're better examples" Mom said pointing down the stairs where Ben and Izzy were.

"Right well we're sick of this banter and pranks" Aunt Anne said clapping her hands "If you guys can't grow up we'll treat you like kids. This is your last warning if you guys don't stop, you're going to be grounded for a week and won't have your phones for a month" She was really mad at us, Aunt Anne was always the one who took charge when there had to be scolding done.

Mom nodded "She's right, you can't keep this going. And since you both of you pulled pranks on eachother you're getting a consequence" They both thought of what they would tell us to do. I looked over at Ashley and I could tell she was also wondering what we'd have to do.

"Ooh! You guys will be cleaning the attics over the weekend" Aunt Anne said smiling

"Perfect! We weren't looking forward to spending our weekend cleaning it anyways" Mom rubbed it in.

"But Mom I.. I have a date on Saturday" Ashley said glancing at me for a second

"So you'll just have to tell the boy you can't because you still act like a five year old and have a punishment" Her mom said

"But I can't.. please.. why can't I do it on Sunday or Monday?" she pleaded

"Sweetie I know you want to go, but you put yourself into this, and you need to do both attics which will take all weekend" Mom said to her apologetically.

Ashley sighed knowing she didn't have a choice, she looked at me "Thank you so much, Bryan" she said sarcastically and ran to her bathroom slamming the door. Mom knew how important this was to her, but Aunt Anne wouldn't let Ashley go even if Mom requested, once  Aunt Anne made up her mind she wouldn't budge. I felt a little guilty but she did put herself into this even if I was included as well. Besides my weekend is ruined as well.

Well cleaning an attic is one way to spend the weekend, wouldn't say the best though lol. Tell me what you think about Bryan's perspective!