Chapter 50: Quick confession

"Ashley could you please pass me the bag of coal" Uncle Jordan said, I handed him the bag and sat down on one of the plastic chairs to watch.

We were having a barbecue after a long time and Aunt Clarice thought it was best we did it in their garden so that the drive to the park doesn't waste our time. Like always Dad and Uncle Jordan were the ones really making the barbecue and Mom and Aunt Clarice sat at the table watching them, but not wasting a second to talk. Izzy was upstairs practicing for her recital (Mom and her had a huge fight, because Izzy didn't want to come so she could practice.) Ben was probably playing Roblox and I was sitting on a seat next to Mom, holding Jack.

I wasn't sure where Bryan was, but he texted me saying we'd tell them after they finished eating, so that they then rush to Izzy's recital.

"Ashy, I feel cold" Jack said tugging on my arm.

"Let's go inside, then" I said and carried him inside, I put him on the couch next to me and put one of the extra blankets around him. It was November now so it was getting quite cold now. There wasn't any snow yet, but by the end of the month it would be snowing. 

I reached for the TV remote and put on one of Jack's favorite cartoons. Then I heard footsteps approaching the living room, but suddenly they stopped, I got up out of interest to see what or who it was and the minute I stepped into the narrow hallway I was pinned to the wall by my boyfriend.

"Hey!" I said looking around if anyone saw.

"Hi Beautiful" He said and to a strand of my face.

"Bryan someone will see us" I said trying to push him off.

"They'll find out later anyways" He said and then gave me a kiss smack on the lips, I was so tempted to not stop, but I knew we'd be caught, and I couldn't bare the embarrassment, so I quickly broke the kiss. Bryan gave me a questioning look, but it changed into horror immediately when I looked behind him and shouted "Oh Aunt Clarice!". He quickly moved away from me and gave me enough space to get out of his grasp before he noticed I was lying.

********

"Alright well we better get going, I don't want to be late for Izzy's recital!" Aunt Clarice said.

"You're coming too" Izzy asked.

"Sweetie, we all are" Mom replied.

"Thanks for the pressure" She said under her breath, sighing.

"Anytime" Ben said, and then we heard Izzy kick Ben and then his wincing made me certain.

I looked over at Bryan and we knew we'd tell them now, I took a deep breath and thought of the worst ever reaction they could have. It always helped to keep my expectations low when I was nervous. 

"Right let's go!" Dad said triumphantly.

"Um wait, can we please have a second to talk, it's very important." Bryan said calmly sitting.

"Can you save it for later" Uncle Jordan said, getting up as well.

"No please it's really important, and we can't say it later." I tried reasoning.

"Let's give them a couple minutes" Aunt Clarice said and sat down, everyone else sat down as well sighing.

"Okay, let's hear it" Mom said.

"Uh- okay...so um- Aunt Clarice you know how...um" I couldn't believe how I forgot everything I rehearsed in my brain for several hours. "Um okay so- Aunt Clarice remember how you said I should get a boyfriend?" I said, and Aunt Clarice's eyes lit up instantly, Mom raised an eye brow. I looked over at Bryan quickly and he gave me a nod.

"Oh my goodness! Did Luke ask you or were you bold and asked him?!" Aunt Clarice said suddenly, I was shocked at first she instantly thought about Luke and I could see Bryan's jaw clench a little.

"um...no" I said slowly walking towards Bryan's seat. "I do have a boyfriend, but it's not Luke" I said, now Izzy looked at me confused.

"Can I have water?" Jack asked out of no where.

"Okay, I'll get you some" Dad said getting up and going to the kitchen.

"Let me come with you" Uncle Jordan said and they both vanished from the living room. Well I wasn't surprised Uncle Jordan wasn't interested in hearing about my boyfriend, little did he know it was his son though.

"Who is it?" Izzy said, I opened my mouth to reply, but Ben said "Just say it, rip the bandade off!" He said then he smiled "I've been wanting to say that all week" He said happy. I rolled my eyes, at this rate I'd never say it.

"Okay, um... Aunt Clarice" I said looking at her, she smiled eagerly, but then I realized I couldn't do it. I sat back down in my chair, and then gave Bryan a quick 'I can't do it' look, he sighed.

"So who's the lucky guy?" Aunt Clarice asked. I opened my mouth to say who and then someone else answered for me again.

"I am" Bryan said. My head shot up and he looked so relaxed, no one said anything but when they understood what he was saying Izzy was the first one to squeal (and a really long one too). Ben was laughing and Aunt Clarice's eyes were way too wide, Mom's mouth was dropped open.

"So when did this happen?" Aunt Clarice asked.

"A couple days ago" Bryan said when I couldn't answer.

"Bashley, Bashley! Bashley, Bashley!" Izzy and Ben starting singing.

"Alright calm down" Mom said laughing after a while.

"Okay, well I'm not wasting time giving you guys a lecture on...some things right now, I'm saying I'm happy for you" Aunt Clarice said and Mom nodded, I cringed and Bryan looked like he could throw up.

"Alright, well Clarice, we have to keep these two apart now. oh and Bryan I'm sorry, but you guys aren't allowed upstairs alone." Mom said, now my jaw dropped.

"Exactly, and Ashley you have to still save some time and come by over to see me, because now I know you're eyes will be going else where." Aunt Clarice said, I nodded.

"Well, okay now let's go to that recital, we don't want to be late!" Mom said and put on her coat, Bryan put Jack on his shoulders and I got everyone else's coats.

As we were going out of the house, Bryan winked at me and I felt like I was going to die. Then at the recital he sat next to me and he kept touching my thigh and moving his finger up and down it, teasing me. I had to change seats with Dad, because he saw and he didn't appreciate it at all.

Okay another chapter done and congrats to me for 50 chapters! Lol, anyways stay safe and keep reading. Yk reading is therapy as well and it relaxes  your mind!

Love y'all