chapter five: timeless style

I SLEPT IN on my first saturday at mills. i wasn't able to make the 8 A.M breakfast, but joined sofia's table for lunch. i ate dinner in sofia's dorm joined by lexi, lila, and kayla, then they left to change into their 90's attire.

i had to get creative with my outfit, since i wasn't exactly coming to a school preparing for a 90's party to happen the day after i get here. but i do happen to find a black short sleeved mini dress and have access to sofia's hair curler in the bathroom. i also grab a pair of black knee high socks that were gifted to me by the school since their 'dress code appropriate' and a pair of mary janes.

i finish my look and honestly am pretty proud of myself.

"you look—amazing." sofia says catching me off guard.

"oh–thanks."

"and you're..." sofia asks.

"buffy the vampire slayer of course! what about you?" i follow up.

"rose from titanic! kris is gonna be jack." sofia answers.

"isn't that the like, 1914? not exactly the 90s..."

"okay but it was released in the 90s, and it's a mini dress so its timeless." she adds.

"whatever, where are we meeting everyone?" i ask.

"kris has a car, but it's small so you and me and him will just be riding in it. lexi and adhira are going in lexis car, so we'll just go to the parking lot where kris is." sofia explains.

"what about everyone else?" i question.

"i think lila called an uber or something for kayla and shea."

"oh. and what about..."

"what about..?"

"the boys that were at the picnic last night." i ask.

"oh—daniel and kyle? they're probably already there. daniels aunt owns the building actually." sofia states.

"cool. well we better get going." i say before heading out the door to find kris who in the student parking lot.

"hey bitches long time no see!" kris yells to us as we walk down the sidewalk to his car.

"what are you wearing?" sofia asks kris, concerned.

"i'm stewart little..?" kris answers in a red crewneck and cargo pants.

"we were gonna be jack and rose!" sofia yells, upset at the situation.

"fuck i thought i texted you i didn't have anything." kris replies.

"i swear i texted you—oh." he pulls out his phone, realizing...

"i didn't hit send."

oops...

"but it's fine, it's fine you'll be okay let's go!" kris wraps up our conversation and i hop into the backseat with sofia in the front, kris driving of course.

"do we need money for tickets?" i say, pulling my wallet out of my purse.

"oh no daniel's got us covered." kris answers.

"perfect then."

"have you ever been to the city val?" sofia asks.

"boston? no." i reply.

"oh my god then we have to go there for the day some time! we can hang out in copley square, go to the shops on newbury, and–is she fucking there?"
sofia says, stopping mid sentence.