If You Don't, You'll Regret It

Chikara Ennoshita x Male Reader

(Nothing to be said. Read it, pussy; don't ignore it. Are you a chicken?? You're gONNA lEAVE POOR ENNOSHITA HERE ALL ALO—)

You scoffed and rolled your eyes, returning an unimpressed expression to the noirette; the twinge of pain that flashed through his eyes went unnoticed to you.

Or.., did it? Did you really not catch it? Or did you choose to ignore it? You couldn't remember at this point, in all honesty—and that only fueled the faux fire.

"Come on, you really celebrate today? How? Everything in stock at the store is sickeningly sweet, all you see on TV are stupid romcoms, and it's no better if you step outside," your face twisted into one of disgust.   "Every couple in Japan is right in front of your eyes, holding hands, giving or getting big, stupid bouquets of flowers, holding hands as they walk, hugging, kissing everywhere you look—it's revolting." You stated, feeling your chest swell and thud, though you lacked the knowledge as to why.

"Valentine's Day is just a stupid day that some stupid guy came up with as an excuse to shower their lover in store-bought gifts for one day. It's not important." Chikara felt awkward in this situation; you and him, the latter having pulled you aside to talk to you, and when he asked you a simple question with a small box of chocolates presented to you. Then, you began talking loud enough for your words to bounce and echo off the gymnasium walls.

This had been going on for weeks. Ennoshita tries to do something to show he cares about you, but then you shut it down so rudely. Acting like you're disgusted by everything he does.

Even Tsukishima was surprised at how much of a dick you were being towards him.

Just as it's been repeating for weeks, it's continued for weeks. But, unbeknownst to you and the rest of the team, this was the last straw.

It was your birthday a couple days ago, Sunday, and Ennoshita got you a gift; it was a beautiful hand-carved figure of a/an (favorite animal) that was painted like (favorite season). He had spent quite a pretty penny on it for you.

So, you had told him not to waste money on something so useless. The two of you didn't so much as look each other's way for the rest of the day.

After practice at the end of the day, you walked yourself home. Halfway there, you felt a bubble in your heart, suddenly feeling sick to your stomach.

When you got inside, you immediately went straight to your room, ignoring your brother's calls for dinner.  Closing your door behind you, you dug through your gym bag, pulling out the small figure and putting it on the same shelf as the bouquet of (f/f) you had fished out of the trash after everyone left back in Feburary.

"You know, you should really tell him." Your brother spoke through the door, already aware of what you were thinking about.

"I can't. It'll just end up like the others." You replied.

"It'll end up even worse if you don't." You finally open your bedroom door to let him in, sitting on your bed and letting him follow.  "This guy is quite obviously different from anyone else you've done this with, I can tell." He said.

"If you don't fix it soon, you'll regret it."

As if on cue, they both heard the knock on their front door. You swallowed hard and stood up—(B/n) following—going to answer.

Opening the door, you were met with none other than Ennoshita. You expected this, though.

"Hey, do you have some time to talk?" He asked.