Anniversary

Mezo Shouji x FtM! Aoyama's brother! Reader

(Requested by lynx-potato ! Thank you for my very first requested one-shot :) I can most definitely be that I'm excited to write this fluff for you all ^^ Also!! If anyone here knows French really well, please correct me ':) also, (r/c) is random color)

Warning: this chapter does contain a few slurs aimed towards the LGBTQ+ community.

Course: Support

Quirk: Tinker- Anything around you, as long as it has some kind of mechanical relation, you can turn into something that has a purpose. Another useful trait you get from your Quirk is the ability to fix anything that has to do with any form of machinery. Even though you offer your assistance to her, Hatsume often denies, figuring it out sooner or later and fixing it on her own, but every once in a while she'll ask you for only a little guidance.
Although, if we're being honest here, you don't use that part of your Quirk very often either, with you also wanting to figure things out on your own. Due to your love and passion for building things, you lose track of time a lot and occasionally neglect your body's need for sleep completely on accident.

Despite being Yuuga Aoyama's brother, you two aren't very alike. You're a bit of a hothead. Nowhere near Bakugou's level, but still on the spectrum. When you do get too aggravated, you tend to slip into French and spit out ill phrases and swear words. Sometimes it's only one word you'll say, other times it'll be whole sentences filled with nothing but insults thrown at whatever ticked you off.

It was currently 6:07am in the Yuuei dorms. Normally, someone in a course other than 1-A and 1-B's Hero courses wouldn't need to stay in the dorms, but (Y/n) Aoyama had begged Aizawa for permission to stay in the 1-A dormitory as to be able to get to school earlier and work on his inventions in progress before having to get forcefully kicked out of the support room and dragged to his regular classes.

And here he was, completely losing track of time again as he realised he would have to get up in an hour to get ready for school.

"Bon sang... I didn't mean for this to happen again." He sighed, setting his tiny Phillip's head screwdriver down on his nightstand along with the small device he was working on.

"Well, at least it's finally done." He smiled tiredly as he turned the trinket right side up, admiring the small carving of two people holding each other close. Flipping it back over for a few seconds, he wound it up and smiled even brighter when he heard the notes ding accordingly.

He watched happily as the two figures on top spun around in the center to the music box tune of Can't Help Falling in Love. (Y/n) gently set the music box on his nightstand as well, rubbing his (e/c) eyes and yawning.

"Time to get what little sleep I can," after pulling off his binder for the night, he lied down and pulled the comforter up to his neck, "Shouji and Yuuga are never gonna let me hear the end of it.."

××××

At 7:00am on the dot, (Y/n)'s alarm sounded through his room, making him groan at first, but then a small smile adorned his lips as he realised what he was gonna do today.

Immediately springing up and out of bed, he showered, completed his morning routine, pulled on his binder and casual clothes he could easily work in, grabbed his uniform, and raced to school.