You

Chikara Ennoshita x Male Reader

(Part 2, homies)

It's been weeks - months, more specifically - and you were still locked inside your bedroom. No lights, no sound, just you. You, and this void pit of self-pity you put yourself in.

"(Y/n)?" (B/n) called, "Come on, you haven't eaten anything today. You can't just stay locked up forever."

He was worried, and he was right. But.., have you really not eaten anything all day? You could have sworn you hadn't eaten anything all week. You didn't want to; didn't feel like you were worth it.

You felt like an absolutely ass that night, and you still felt just as much so right now, in this moment. You hadn't gone to school, haven't even touched your bag or your uniform - never even considered it, in fact. You haven't showered. What's the point if you're not planning on going anywhere but here?

Your sleep varies; on some nights, you never get so much as a wink, while on others, you sleep from ten o' clock to three-thirty in the afternoon. And even when you wake up, you make no effort to move at all.

Countless pings from your team group chat, hundreds of missed calls from your teammates - such as Hinata, Nishinoya, Sugawara, Daichi. There were at least twenty or so from Coach Ukai. Hell, you even had voicemails from Kageyama and a couple from Tsukishima. No doubt the others forced him to just because they figured you'd pick up out of confusion.

Your vision felt out of focus. Who you were, it didn't feel good. You felt shitty, but you didn't want to - didn't feel like you had the right to feel that way. You hurt someone special to you, you don't get to feel bad - you're not allowed to.

Your (e/c) eyes stare numbly up at your dark ceiling, noticing how the sunset hues peeked through your (r/c) curtains and illuminated the empty room a little. It made it feel a little more warm.

Like he did.

Whenever he walked into a room, you knew without even having to look who it was. You always knew. It was the warmth he brought, it felt like a sunset at the beach; his smile brighter than the sun and his light laughter always seemed more playful and free than the dusk ocean itself.

The beach...

You never felt like the beach was a good place for you. You liked to say that it felt too open.., but, the truth is, you felt too detached from that scene. Out of place.

You thought your personality, the way you think, look, the very way you move and carry yourself - you always assumed it would be far too disruptive to the calming rays of the setting sun, or the gentle laps of the water treading sand as the tide came in.

You've always been quick to assume things. Maybe that's what's always gotten in the way?

Using the phrase "getting in the way..," for some reason, it links to the thought of your underclassmen; like, Kageyama, or Tsukishima. Mostly the latter. And, of course, these thoughts always have a habit of setting off unwanted chain reactions.

But we never seem to be able to catch it before that bittersweet outcome...

The thought of the tower of salt suddenly turned into wondering about Yamaguchi and how he's doing with his jump floats? Jump... What about Hinata? Maybe his jumping height has increased since you've been gone?