Eye Contact? Nah Fam-

Alternative Title: Gentle Smile

Yushiro x Autistic! Human! Male Reader

[Requested by: Lone-Wolf-Nergiganos I do have to apologize to you in advance as I wasn't exactly sure how to incorporate the explained behavior, but I did do my very best to do you justice^^;]

   Yushiro wandered around the halls of the house, looking around in every room he passed searching and searching for Miss Tamayo, but coming up empty every time he looked.
   'She couldn't have been kidnapped.., could she!?' He thought to himself. 'No that's ridiculous, Miss Tamayo can handle herself... But what if they killed her and hid her body!?'
   "Why can't my thoughts ever line up!?" Yushiro exclaimed to no one in particular, quickly growing more and more distressed he decided to find and ask you where she could have gone. Approaching the only room he hadn't checked, assuming you would be inside, he knocked gently on the deep cherrywood that framed the translucent paper. You groan quietly, having been internally hoping you could evade any social interaction for the day, but you arose from the futon nonetheless and groggily slid the door open, surprised to come face-to-face with a visibly distressed Yushiro. You avert your gaze from his and timidly tap your index finger against the now open shoji.
   "Is there something you needed?" You ask in a hushed voice, trying to make your smile appear kind and comforting, but instead Yushiro noticed how it seemed awkward, forced. He felt more than a bit guilty for disturbing your time alone, but he would be a rotten liar if he said he didn't find your slightly disheveled appearance to be at least a little cute.
   "Have you seen Miss Tamayo at all today?" He asked,
   "Um.., yeah," your (e/c) eyes met with his purple hues for a split second before you returned your infatuation to the floor, "she came to me a little while ago and said she was going to do some.. shopping.., or something like that." You decide to leave out the part where she told you Yushiro would be here when you need him — complete with a wink; the fresh memory brings a pink flush to your cheeks, habitually fidgeting with the fabric of your clothes.
   "Are you feeling okay?" You chew gently on the inside of your cheek at his question, shrugging your shoulders as you proceed to maintain eye contact with the grain of the wood at your feet, subconsciously making useless note of how clean they are with not a single speck of dirt or dust to be found taking solice in the crevices betwixt each slat.  Seemingly for once in his entire time being by Miss Tamayo's side he came to a fork in the road of his thoughts, needing no more than half a second to make a clear decision.
   "May I come in?" He asked. 'Why so many questions?' You wondered, but silently stepped aside despite, sliding the door open wider for him while he bowed his head with a chivalrous thank you. Not minding much how he stepped right over to your futon and sat, hands in his lap as he patiently waited for you to follow. Closing your door, you comply — truthfully curious and slightly amused at his actions. He spoke not a word, only gestured for you to lie back down; you accept the offer and notice the small, gentle smile adorning Yushiro's lips as you lay your head in his lap.
   "You can rest some more, if you'd like." He says to you softly.
  "Are... you sure?" You replied, your voice hardly above a whisper. 'I don't want to be in the way of him finding Miss Tamayo..' Yushiro hums in response.
   "I'm certain."
  The rest of the evening was spent away in peaceful tranquility as your racing mind was put to ease upon feeling Yushiro's fingers brushing through your (h/l) hair so softly and carefully, you had fallen asleep while two words fell from your lips.
   "Thank you."

THREE THINGS! 1: I AM SO SORRY THIS TOOK SO FUCKING LONG. 2: I AM SO SO SORRY IT'S SO GODS DAMNED SHORT. 3: I AM SO SO sO SORRY I DID SUCH A SHIT JOB ON IT D:

I HOPE YOU ENJOYED NONETHELESS, AND THERE WILL BE AN ANNOUNCEMENT IN A LIL BIT, AIGHTIE TIGHTY? COOLIO! Y'ALL KNOW THE DRILL.