At Fault

Midoriya x Male Reader

(Just so y'all know, this is gonna be some angsty-ass shit. Oh, and H/n means Hero name :))

The sirens blared as my eyes opened and closed, my head slipping in and out of consciousness. I couldn't feel anything. All I could feel was the painful restraint of air trying to forcefully circulate through my constricted lungs...

1 hour earlier. . .

"Thank you for showing up here, Heroes. It really means a lot!"

"Of course! We want to help in any way we can around here, isn't that right Ground Zero?"

Katsuki growled lowly in response.

(H/n) chuckled nervously along with Deku while Todoroki just remained stoic and stone-faced.

They were on a mission as a team together. It was their special assignment from Aizawa and All Might. While (Y/n) and Deku get along perfectly fine considering the fact that, well, they're dating, and Deku and Todoroki get along as well, there's still a huge gap between Bakugou and all three of them.

(Y/n)'s rocky relationship with Todoroki. He doesn't like him. Like, at all.

Deku and Bakugou are the definition of toxicity and straight up aBUSE-

Bakugou and Todoroki are just... yikes.

Then Bakugou and (Y/n) are rough all around.

"H-he's always like this, don't mind him." Deku added, rubbing the back of his neck apologetically.

"That's quite all right. Just make sure you four be careful. You could slip up and fall, and it's a loooong drop down."

"You got it!" Deku smiled, giving a big thumbs up to our employer.

The team had to admit it, it was a tad bit windy to be out here doing this kind of job, but they were determined to make it work. With (Y/n) being the climber, Midoriya being the supplier, and Bakugou, Todoroki, and Izuku as well being their for support just in case things blow sideways, (Y/n) thought this would be done in no time.

Turns out, his thoughts were completely opposite.

"Alright Deku, I'm ready for the pipes." (H/n) called through his earpiece, feeling bad about the feedback the quick gusts of wind had supplied.

"Copy. How many?" The broccoli headed Hero replied.

"We'll start with two at a time."

"Sounds good, hun!" Even though the heavy breeze made the narrow platform wobble quite a bit, hearing his boyfriend's smile through his voice put the (h/c) at ease.

As Deku got to work jumping up the walls of the two buildings from the alleyway, things were about to get a little rowdy and distracting from down on the solid ground.

"Oi, Icyhot! Keep your damn elbow outta my face!" Bakugou growled, shoving his teammate's arm out of the way.

"Relax, you impatient pipe bomb, it wasn't on purpose." Todoroki insulted nonchalantly, letting his hands drop and hang by his sides again.

"The hell did you just call me!?" The explosive Hero was now at the end of his fuse, he might as well have been foaming at the mouth.

"H-hey! Let's all just try to simmer down and focus. We need to be ready for anything to-" Izuku attempted, but failed, to get the two teens to cut it out.

"Shut up, ya damn nerd! I deal with your ass later!"

"Pretty reckless and idiotic of you to go around picking fights with people who are clearly stronger and smarter than you, don't you think, Bakugou?" Shouto retorted.