You Can Do Anything

Mirio Togata x FtM! Male Reader

(Requested by lynx-potato :) I feel this'll be like an angsty one, just so y'all can be prepared) - (so I googled to see if all the students at U.A. were moved into the dorms and it said they didn't, but this is a work of fiction written by a fan about a work of fiction so,,,

I can do anything I want :)   )

Quirk: Falcon- as simple as it sounds, the reader as Falcon wings that are attached to their shoulderblades. Even though the reader can fly, he doesn't do so often due to a fear of falling.

Course: Support

Warning: The reader does not own a binder, so there will be mentions of dysphoria.

Morning;

(Y/n)'s daily challenge.

As he got up, he felt his chest move. Immediately screwing his eyes shut, he looked up at his ceiling and walked blindly towards his dresser.

He dug around in his top drawer, pulling out a couple sports bras and setting them aside so he could take out his Yuuei uniform.

After managing to get himself dressed with his eyes distracted by other things around his dorm room, (Y/n) adjusted his chest a little. When he looked in his vanity mirror and saw that he was as flat as he could get, he grabbed his backpack and left his room.

On his way to the common area, Nejire had caught up to him once leaving her own room, greeting him enthusiastically as always.

"Mornin' (Y/n)!" She said, a bright smile on her face.

"Ah, morning." The (shorter/taller) replied.

His response got the bluenette's attention, her leaning forward to try and see her friend's expression. When she did, she came to the only conclusion;

"Today's not a very good day for you, is it?" The young woman asked, her brows turning up in worry as a small smile still pulled at her lips.

"No, not at all.." (Y/n) replied; though it seemed like he wanted to say something else, so Nejire kept quiet.

"Neji, do you really think I belong here? Like, here, at the school..." He muttered, opening his wings a little just to start wrapping them around himself.

"What!? Of course you belong here!" His friend exclaimed, stretching her arms out to dramatize her response.

"Okay but-" The (h/c) teen was cut off when something appeared behind him.

"What are we talking about?" The familiar voice said with a wide smile.

Nejire smiled back and waved, Tamaki making his way to her side with his head down - however, he still turned his attention to his group of friends.

"I-I think I h-heard them talk- talking ab-bout (Y/n) n-n-not belonging h-here.." The anxious bean replied, hands buried in his pockets.

"Huh? Now why would you think that?" Mirio asked, his cobalt blue eyes fixated on the (shorter/taller) as his (f/c) wings continued to form a cocoon around him.

"I-it's just, my Quirk has nothing to do with working on mechanics or support items or- or just inventing things in general!" He paused for a moment, feeling the anxiety and doubt boil over inside of him.

"Not to mention, I'm straight-up terrified to use my Quirk just to fly no more than a foot off the ground! I should've just been Quirkless. Someone, anyone else could've made a better use for it.." When he finished, The Big Three were shocked by the boy's sudden outburst.

Mirio quickly took hold of the situation his partner was in, gently putting a hand on the other's shoulder. The caring action encouraged his wings to pull back a little.

"First off, just because you don't use your Quirk for anything doesn't mean you "should have been Quirkless"! There are tons of people all over the world you never ever use their Quirks!" He smiled brightly.

"And second," Mirio's tone softened a little. Nejire noticed her blonde buddy wanted a little privacy, so she grabbed Tamaki and rushed them out the door of the dormitory.

The blonde haired, blue eyed Hero-in-Training had now taken his other half by both of his shoulders, nearly losing it when his big beautiful (e/c) eyes stared back into his own.

"You don't need some sort of Quirk to help you make stuff. You're an amazing inventor! Just think about Hatsume, her Quirk doesn't have anything to do with building things, she just does it!" He moved one of his hands from his shoulder to the side of his face, brushing his thumb over (Y/n)'s cheek.

"You can do it too, you know! You can do anything, Sunshine." He leaned down, giving his boyfriend a peck on the forehead, then one on each cheek, one on the nose, and finishing with a passionate kiss right on his (plump/thin) lips - the other kissing back immediately.

When they pulled away, Mirio's smile seemed to grow brighter as soon as he saw (Y/n)'s own smile.

"Thank you for giving me that boost of confidence, Mirio.. I really needed it." He said.

Togata's eyes widened at a sudden realization.

"Giving you things! That reminds me!" He exclaimed, taking (Y/n)'s hands in his as he told him to stay right where he was.

When the third year came back, he was holding a small gift bag in his hands.

"I know it's not your birthday or our anniversary or anything like that, but I still got you something you're really gonna love!" He gushed, handing the bag over.

"Mirio, you know I don't like to-"

"Oh just open it!" He interrupted.

The (h/c) teenager did just that, eyes wide and welling up with tears as he unfolded what was inside. The (s/t) color of it, the bathing-suit-like feel of the fabric..

"M-Mirio, you got m-me a-"

"I did! I got you your very first chest binder!" He smiled again, not expecting it when his boyfriend launched himself forwards, throwing his arms around his muscular build as he cried due to the overwhelming joy he felt.

"Thank you! Thank you so much, I love it! I love you!"

Mirio gladly returned to hug, burying his face in (Y/n)'s neck.

"Of course, Sunshine. I love you, too." He smiled.

And with that, (Y/n) (L/n) raced back to his room, put on his brand new binder, and the couple were off to their classes walking hand-in-loving-hand.

So! I hope you liked it :) it's a little on the short side, but i think it turned out okay!

Thank you for over 700 reads btw :D it makes me happy to know I can make other people happy just by reading a book ^-^

Anyways, hope you enjoyed! Don't be afraid to submit your own request, and have a wonderful day/night!

OH! The next one-shot is gonna be an Iida one :)