James Ford- Pregnant (c)

Being stuck on an island in the middle of who knows where, you had made some questionable choices that you weren't sure would have happened if you were in the real world. You had been desperate for any sense of connection with someone and for some reason your desperate mind had picked Sawyer and that was how you ended up in his tent doing unspeakable things. You wished that you could say it was just one night of bad decisions, but you had returned a couple of times, beating yourself up the morning after every time for seeking comfort in his bed.

You did your best to put the thoughts to the back of your mind, to not think about him or the things you had done but the universe had different plans. Although there were so many different things to be worrying about, you couldn't help but focus your mind on the fact that you had missed your period and what that could mean. You didn't want anyone to know that you were even worrying about the thought, so you stole a pregnancy test from amongst the medical supplies and instantly hated everything that had led to where you were currently.

A couple of days were needed to think it all through, think through what you were going to do and if the test had even been right but seen as you were stuck on an island, you had to trust the test and work with what there was as time went. Even though you wished you could run away and never speak to Sawyer again, he had a right to know, even if he wouldn't want anything to do with you or the child you would bear.

You went to his tent and entered without announcing yourself, it wasn't like you were going to see anything that you hadn't already seen before.

"Someone has become too welcome," he said rolling his eyes at you.

"I needed to talk to you about something important," you stated, ignoring what he had said.

"And that is?"

You didn't know how else to say it, you didn't know how to say it without just stating the facts, so that was what you were going to have to do.

"I'm pregnant," you sighed. "And it's yours. I get that you don't want anything to do with it and I don't care, I just thought you deserved to know."

He stood up, an offended look on his face as he took a step closer to you.

"Come on! How do you always take me wrong?"

"What?"

"You don't fucking ask me, yet you just assume I'm going to abandon you and my kid?" He huffed.

You instantly felt bad, lowering your head shamefully. You had barely been able to think about your own reaction to the news, let alone think too much about how he would feel or react to it either.

"You're going to stick around?"

Sawyer nodded his head, chuckling to himself. "Not like I've got anywhere to run to."

~*~
Written by Charlotte.