James Ford- Raft: Part 1 (c)

Sawyer did everything in his power to make it clear to you that he did not care about you. The fact that you were only one of a few survivors floating on a bundle of sticks in the middle of the ocean, didn't seem to mean anything to him, instead the two of you were nothingness. On the island he had seemed to care for a moment, or maybe you just wanted to see that; maybe you just wanted to see something more between you other than your physical relations. You tried to ignore how much that hurt though, to be used and discarded and seen as nothing worth a second look but even the knowledge that once you found help for your fellow survivors, then you'd be unlikely to ever be in contact again.

It had been futile hope though. It was not much of a raft and there were only just enough supplies for the five of you to survive with if you were lucky enough to find land or another vessel soon and if you weren't that lucky, then you had no idea what you were going to do. That quickly stopped becoming a problem. You didn't know how far out the raft have travelled when hope grew, and you found a ship.

Time travelled quickly and slowly at once. With the help of a flare, the ship sailed up to the raft, but it wasn't the saviour you had wanted. In the flash of an eye Sawyer was shot and flung off the raft into the water, Jin swiftly following to save him. Both you and Michael went to defend Walt, but it didn't matter what you did because he was taken from you without mercy. You were doing your best to keep your balance as an item was thrown onto the raft. You had no idea what it was but the panic in Michael's eyes told you everything you needed. Before you could decide what to do, Michael gave you a shove, jumping into the water behind you.

You weren't even fully submerged before the raft was engulfed in flames, wreckage flying out in all directions.

A chunk of one of the logs flew out of the raft, the water not breaking its force before it slammed into your back. The wind in your lungs was shot out, being replaced by water as darkness consumed you.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.