Kate Austen- Changes: Part 1 (c)

When the plane first crashed upon the island, you had no hope for the future, you expected to be dead within days and to have no need to know who the others were as you would all be goners. You weren't sure how long you had been on the island, but you were still alive and got along with more people than you thought you would. Not only had you made friends, but you had fallen in love. Both you and Kate put your lives off of the island behind you and were just happy to have now found each other. You were desperately seeking a connection and you were just glad to find Kate.

Although you didn't judge each other by your pasts, only particularly caring about your time together now on the island, you did both want a life off of the island. It was one of the things that kept you going, thinking that you would have a normal life that wasn't on an island having to fight for your lives.

Having both completed the jobs you needed to do for your island community, the two of you took your place on the beach, covered by the canopy of the jungle behind you. Everyday was too hot and neither of you wanted to be out in the sun for too long but being able to sit in the shade, yet still on the beach was worthwhile.

Kate had her back against one of the tree trunks, her legs out in front of her whilst you were sat beside her, slumped over so that your head was in her lap. As the two of you spoke, she ran her fingers through your hair, pulling it out across her legs. You enjoyed having her playing with your hair or anything that meant the two of you were close together.

"One day we will be able to cuddle up like this on an actual bed," you said hopefully.

Even the smallest things such as a bed or a real toilet were long missed luxuries that you wanted to have back.

"And we'll have proper pillows," she said dreamily. "And a quilt and blankets."

"Or we could have a bath together," you grinned. "Or curl up on the sofa... or anything that isn't covered in sand."

Kate let out a gentle laugh. "I don't think we're ever going to get rid of all of the sand. It's so imbedded in all of the wrong places that it's now part of us."

"I hope not."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.