Juliet Burke- Protect (c)

Juliet didn't tell you where she was going but if she left the safety of your settlement, it was somewhere you didn't want her to be. She was more than capable of standing up for herself, but you didn't want her to have to. You didn't want her to be on her own even if you knew she would be okay, it was too dangerous to ever risk the woman you loved.

She had her rucksack on her back as she walked past your home. You hastily grabbed yours and joined her.

"What are you doing?" She asked looking at your walking boots on your feet and supplies on your back.

"I'm coming with you," you smiled.

Juliet stopped walking, giving you a disapproving glare.

"No, you're not."

Whenever Juliet had her mind on something it was incredibly hard to change her perspective, but you were either going to convince her to let you join her or to not go at all. Either way you didn't want to have to leave her side.

"If you're going then I am," you grinned.

"Don't you trust me to take care of myself?" She frowned at you.

You shook your head at her. You knew she could use a gun pretty well and was able to put up a fight along with talk her way out of most things however you didn't want her to have to face that alone.

"I trust you Juliet. I trust that you can take care of yourself, you're far more capable than I am however I don't want you to have to go out there on your own. I want to help protect you, help you if you run into any trouble," you said softly.

"I don't need to be protected," she stated firmly.

"I know," You smiled. "I know you don't need me to protect you, but that doesn't mean I don't want to. I don't want you to get hurt and have no one to help you if you need it. I have all the faith in you that you'll get wherever you want to be and be able to get back unscathed but there is always a chance that you can't, and I don't want there to be that chance."

She cracked the smallest of smiles at you.

"Fine, you can join me, but if you get hurt I'll never forgive myself," she stated.

"Then you better watch my arse," you grinned.

She rolled her eyes. "Well you know I can do that."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.