Jack Shephard- Black Eye (c)

Sometimes you didn't appreciate the fact that there was a doctor on the island but really you should have. Jack was more than qualified for the minor ailments that most people got on the island, and although you'd have never have gone to your GP over your current ailment, being on an island away from medical assistance did make you worry.

You cleared your throat as you pulled back the tarp of Jack's tent. You would have knocked on the door if there had been one.

"Y/N are you okay?" He questioned.

You nodded your head. "Just needed you to check something out. Probably fine, but you know..."

He gestured for you to show him whatever it was. You pushed your fringe away from your face to reveal the dark purple ring that was around your eye. It was sore, mainly to the touch and your sight was a little blurred from the swelling but you'd had far worse black eyes.

"Who gave you that black eye?!" He exclaimed.

The two of you had been close friends since the crash, you acting as his nurse in serious situations due to your first aid training and actually paying attention to what he taught you. However, this lead to him being very protective over you.

"Well yesterday I was with Sawyer and he got annoyed..."

You were forced to trail off as Jack's face had become red, throwing the tarp out of the way and rushing across the beach. You followed behind him, trying to tell him to stop but he didn't care for anything you had to say. He found Sawyer sat under a tree. Jack grabbed hold of his collar forcing him against the trunk.

"Jack!" You exclaimed getting his attention.

"What the fuck are you doing?" Sawyer hissed trying to fight him off.

"You didn't let me finish," you stated. "Sawyer didn't hit me. We were arguing, and I went to storm away, but I walked into a tree."

Jack let go of Sawyer's collar allowing him to stand up in front of him.

"We both laughed about it and completely forgot about what we argued about. He checked to see if I was okay, but I wanted to just make sure everything was fine, hence why I came to you today."

"You thought I hit her?" Sawyer growled at Jack. "I'd never hurt her."

"I'm sorry, I misunderstood," Jack frowned.

You rested a hand on both of the men's arms.

"It's just a misunderstanding so we can all be civil."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Requested by