James Ford- Hope (c)

Every day you were stuck on the island, someone else was giving up on the hopes of being able to see the lives you had once lived again. You hadn't given up yet. Everyday you reminded yourself that there were people out there that wanted to save you, or at least some of the other people and one day you would be saved from the island hell that you had to live through. You weren't sure when you would be saved, and you were more than willing to partake in setting up the civilisation that was needed on the island, but you weren't willing to give up the hope that you would no longer be on the island.

There was little to do a lot of the time and as you had ended up doing most days you were just sat under the shade of the trees that lined the beach and today you happened to be sat beside Sawyer. He wasn't the most pleasant of a man, but you tried to stay civil.

You looked off at the ocean that spread far beyond the horizon and hoped desperately that you would see a boat or plane appear but thus far you had been unsuccessful.

"What's the first thing you're going to do when you get home?" You asked, trying to make conversation.

He looked at you and cocked an eyebrow. "Could you be like... a little less idiotic?"

"You don't have to be rude."

Sawyer rolled his eyes, unimpressed with the conversation but if anything, that made it more enjoyable for him due to the conflict it raised.

"We aren't getting off this island. The quicker you figure that out, the better for all of us."

You stood up, not caring about the sand that you kicked up at him as he stayed sat on the beach.

"You really don't need to be a dick about it," you spat. "I know there is a chance I'll never go home, that this is where I will die but I need the hope that I'll get back there. It's the only thing that is keeping me going and if I give up hope, then I might as well just give up. Some of us have a life we'd like to return to."

You didn't wait for a response, not that you expected one from him and just walked up the beach to take a moment for yourself and stay away from Sawyer.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.