James Ford- Tears (c)

Never in your worst nightmares did you think you would be in a plane crash, let alone crashed on a deserted island without much hope of ever getting off of the island and back to civilisation. You had only been there for just over a week, but everyone was falling into place, trying to create a way of survival for everyone whilst keeping brave faces. Even if you did your best to play your part, when you weren't working for the group, you felt lost and terrified and were on the brink of breaking down. It felt impossible to cope in such a manner but you had no choice, there was no escape yet and you had to keep it together because as soon as you started to break, there was no certainty that you could put it all back together.

When there was nothing to do, you needed a distraction. Before the island, you had been an avid reader, having even packed a couple in your suitcase for your trip to America but somehow anything that could be considered literature had ended up in one tent and no one was being given a chance to access them. Sawyer could be a very selfish man and had a cruel tongue, but you needed something to keep you together and reading seemed a perfect chance, so you had to get a book from him.

"Sawyer," you said, your voice shaky and uncertain.

He peered up at you, having been reading one of the books that you were sure hadn't belonged to him before the crash.

"What do you want?" He snapped.

You felt slightly taken aback. Taking a deep breath, you tried to build your courage to speak with him but as he had a tendency to be unpleasant, it took you a moment to build such courage.

"I wanted a book to read. I did have a couple, but you seem to have taken claim to them all," you croaked.

The words that left his lips were cruel and heartless and although they didn't hit you hard, it was the last thing you needed before everything became too much. Tears welled in your eyes, quickly becoming pained sobs as you fell down into the sand, your legs struggling to handle the emotional mess that you were becoming. Sawyer seemed confused and approached you apprehensively.

"Why are you crying?" He asked.

"I want to go home," you sobbed. "I can't cope here anymore."

He let out a sigh, his expression softening as he wrapped an arm around you, feeling rather bad for the state you were in even it wasn't fully his fault.

"It's going to be okay," he said in a calm tone. "It's a shit situation but you've coped this long, you'll get through it. Would it help if I let you read some books?"

You tearfully nodded your head.

"You better bring them back," he warned before leading you to his stash of literature, letting you take your pick.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.