Boone Carlyle- Idiot (c)

Being stranded on a desert island wasn't the place that you thought you'd meet someone who would become a close friend and you'd get along with very well. You assumed that you would be struggling to survive and have no time for a social life, but having been there for a while, you had all created a little community where everyone had their own roles. Even though you'd much rather be at home and not sleeping on a beach under tarp, it wasn't as bad as you would have imagined.

You were one of the younger residents of the island, so you quickly befriended Boone who was roughly your age and although fearful of what the island would bring, you both wanted to help where you could. His step sister was there too, so he did focus a lot on helping her adapt, as you doubted, she'd ever been camping, let alone had to try and catch her own food. Boone was a good man and did everything he could to make sure that you felt safe and happy, but even though your relationship grew close quickly, you rarely spoke to Shannon. That was why you found it odd when she approached you during a conversation with her step brother and asked to talk to you.

Of course, you agreed and let her lead you a few feet down the beach.

"Why do you spend so much time with my brother?" She asked with a roll of her eyes. "He is a complete idiot."

"I heard that," Boone called.

Shannon looked over her shoulder, moving one hand to her hips. "You were supposed to!"

"Yes, he can be an idiot, but that doesn't mean I should talk to him. Frankly I don't see how it is any of your business who I befriend, even if he is your brother," you stated, not waiting for her to respond, moving back to sit in the sand with Boone.

He cocked an eyebrow at you as his sister walked away, annoyed with how the conversation had gone.

"Shannon not happy with us being friends?" He asked.

You shook your head. "It doesn't matter though. She may think you're an idiot, and yes some of your decisions are idiotic, but I don't see an idiot when I look at you; when I look at you, I see and honest and true man."

He let out a laugh and rolled his arms, moving to wrap an arm around you, to pull you into a hug. "Thanks."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.