James Ford- Insecure (c)

Sawyer wasn't ever nice to anyone on the island with only one exception- you. You didn't understand why he was nice to you, but he was always there to put a smile on your face or stand up to you if anyone said anything out of term. You weren't sure why out of everyone on the island he picked you to be nice to, you were quiet and honestly didn't have anything special about you, yet he acted as if you were a princess whom needed his kind terms constantly and someone whom was there to protect you.

It had gone on for a while and you tried not to make a fuss about it as you didn't deem it worthwhile. He was nice to you and that should really be a positive although because it was so out of the ordinary for him to act in that manner it did worry you that he may have an ulterior motive to it. Maybe he was planning to do something mean by luring you into a false sense of security.

After a while it had become too much. He rarely even threw a smile to anyone else, but he was laughing and chatting with you and you had to ask him why he acted so peculiarly with you, even if it was a pleasant alternative to his normal attitude to people.

"Why are you nice to me?" You asked, cutting off him talking about a book he was recommending you.

Sawyer cocked his eyebrow at you. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"Well, you're not the nicest person to people here. You aren't really nice to anyone else unless you get something from it, but you're unconditionally nice to me, and I honestly don't know why," you sighed, perplexed by his attitude.

"Oh well... urgh..." he mumbled.

It was rather odd for Sawyer to act in such a manner. He was headstrong and always had an answer to everything, never being lost for words, so him stumbling over what he was trying to say was very unlike him.

"You can tell me anything Sawyer," you smiled softly. "Anything at all."

He paused. "Well I guess you could say that I like you."

You couldn't help your cheeks becoming crimson and your eyes widening. Sawyer liked you? How could he like someone like you. You could understand him like Kate or even Shannon but not you.

"Why in heaven would you like me?" You asked.

He let out a deep chuckle resting his hand on yours.

"You truly can't see what others do," he grinned.

"Pardon?"

"You're a very intelligent woman but completely oblivious to how amazing you are. You're smart and beautiful and do anything to make others smile. I know you don't like me in return, you're too good a person but it's impossible not to you like," he said gently. "And you'd be the first to turn me down, so it must show that I like you if I'm willing to tell you all that stuff."

Your smile grew. It seemed impossible that he could like you but even more impossible that someone with as big an ego as Sawyer would doubt you could like him in return.

"But Sawyer, I'm not the first to turn you down. I like you too, I could never have imagined you'd feel the same."

He laughed. "Really you like me?"

You nodded your head. Before you could fathom how to explain why you liked him he had leaned in to kiss you.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.