Kate Austen- Changes: Part 3 (c)

There was so much you didn't understand. The helicopter seemed to disappear, leaving the island, you and the figure above you. When you were then to find out it was the 1970's rather than mid- 2000's, you were left completely baffled. You were forced to adapt along with those who stayed on the island and Sawyer who had jumped from the helicopter after you.

You were forced to adapt to this new, well old, community and after three years you still thought about Kate, but you had to move on. Everyone was left to change their identities and you, and Sayer had taken on the role of a couple until that became true. Jim and Y/N/N LaFleur were your new identities and you couldn't lie and say you didn't feel something for him. Your love for him was never as intense as it was with Kate, but he cared for you and you cared for him.

There were so many questions about what had happened but only more arose when those who you had left to escape the island had returned to it. As soon as you saw Kate you couldn't help the love that flooded back to your heart.

You were stood opposite each other until you couldn't contain it anymore and rushed to pull her into a tight hug. You had buried everything so deep just to cope and thought you would never see her again seen as with the island returning to the 1970's she wasn't even born yet.

"How?" You whispered. "How are you back here?"

"It's a long story... I can't believe that you are okay," she smiled softly.

Before you could say anything else, Sawyer had made his way to your side, taking your hand within his, subtly showing that you were now his partner, not hers.

"I'm really glad to see you again Kate," you said trying to not let the pain show within your voice. "I never thought that I would ever see you again."

"She was reliant to move on," Sawyer stated. "She has moved on to someone better though, Freckles."

You knew that Sawyer was trying to rile Kate up and although you were now with him, you didn't want to hurt her. You rammed your elbow into his ribs making him wince.

"I'm sorry," you whispered. "I didn't think that I would ever see you again."

Kate gave you a weak smile that you knew was completely fake.

"It's okay. I moved on too."

Youknew she was lying but you didn't have the heart to call her out.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.