James Ford- Arsehole (c)

Even if Sawyer was a bit of an arse, you had a soft spot for him. Sometimes you did want to punch him in the face but the nice side of him that he only showed to you did make up for it most of the times. You did understand why most people were infuriated by him (you felt that infuriation a lot of the time) but you did your best to fight his corner when he deserved it.

For today at least, he seemed to be doing his part to be in the community of the island and volunteered to join a couple of the others to head off into the jungle to search for supplies. Before they headed out, you told him to take care of himself as there was so much unknown about the jungle beside your beach home and everything you did know about it was terrifying.

A few hours later the few of them returned but Sayid was supporting Sawyer as he stumbled along the sand until they reached one of the broken plane seats for him to sit down on. Sawyer was clutching his ribs as Sayid headed off down the beach at haste towards where Jack was.

"I told you to take care of yourself," you frowned, kneeling down in front of him, trying to see how you could help.

"I didn't think you actually meant it," he said, attempting to chuckle but ended up wincing from the movement. "It's not like you actually give a shit about me, I've made sure of that."

Your brows knitted together as you looked at him. You were concerned about him and wanted to make sure he felt okay, but now his arsehole behaviour was starting to make sense if he wanted to ensure that you didn't care about him.

"Sawyer, you are a complete arsehole a majority of the time, but I don't actually want you badly hurt, maybe a little bit of pain, but nothing fatal," you assured him.

His expression was unreadable to you, but it quickly became evident pain as you pulled at his shirt to try and see his wound. You didn't know much about medicine, but you wanted to try and help whilst Jack was on his way to come and actually patch him up. As soon as Jack reached you, you shifted out of the way but stayed close to Sawyer, just to make sure he was okay.

~*~
Written by Charlotte.