Kate Austen- Changes: Part 2 (c)

You and Kate had stuck together through thick and thin; nothing could tear you apart, at least that's what you had thought.

Finally, with an opportunity for freedom from your island home, you both jumped at it. Even just being sat in that helicopter made you feel like the world was finally coming right, that was until it begun to rock and struggle to gain flight.

You looked out of the open side of the helicopter to see the luscious island that you almost felt as though you would miss with its shore falling off into the sea, the freighter off the coast. You knew that you were going to be heading off towards it, some of your people there but with how the helicopter shook, you doubted anyone else was going to fit in.

"We've got too much weight," Frank, the pilot shouted out. "There is a fuel leak. We aren't going to make it to the freighter at this rate."

You looked at your fellow passengers, not sure what was going to happen. The freighter wasn't far away, and you hoped you could reach it, but if the damage continued, the helicopter wouldn't be able to take flight again and get you to safety.

"Throw out anything that isn't attached," Jack exclaimed.

Everyone did as they were told. You threw out anything you could find, feeling the helicopter become a bit more stable but nowhere near enough to get you to the freighter. There wasn't anything else that could be found, and you knew what would have to happen now. You didn't like the idea and you certainly knew that Kate wouldn't like it, but she had no choice.

"Kate, I love you," you smiled softly, knowing you needed to move quickly or else she would somehow stop you from doing what was needed to be done.

"No..." she whispered. "No don't do it."

"Kate, I love you so much, live our life for me," you smiled weakly before turning to Sayid who was sat on her other side. "Don't let her follow me."

Before anyone else could say anything, you jumped from the helicopter, hoping your sacrifice would save the woman you loved along with your friends.

As you fell through the air towards the ocean, you looked up to the helicopter, hoping to see one last glass of Kate. Not only did you see the helicopter but another figure falling through the air. All you could have hoped was that it wasn't Kate.

*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.