Sayid Jarrah- Sand (c)

It had been at least a month since your plane had crashed on the island and seen as everything that was necessary was well sorted, now entertainment was an issue. With no work needing to be done at the moment, you and your island boyfriend Sayid, had decided to take a walk. You had started off walking down the beach before deciding to explore off into the jungle to see what could be found along with hoping you'd be able to recall your way back to the beach where your camp had been set up.

Your walk into the jungle had started about an hour ago, the beach long forgotten but sand was everywhere still on you. You were pretty sure that you were more sand than woman and it was making you rather annoyed seen as it felt horrible and there was no getting rid of it. A grunt of annoyance escaped you, gaining the attention of your partner.

"Are you okay?" He asked, concerned as there were many dangers that could have caused you annoyance or pain.

"Sand," you huffed. "I'm sick of the bloody thing."

Sayid chuckled. "What do you mean?"

You let out another huff, not knowing how everyone else wasn't constantly going crazy about sand. It was everywhere and no matter how you tried you couldn't rid yourself from the hellish thing. Living on it meant that everything that you owned was now covered in sand and it was now a constant part of your body without any simple way to rid it from your life.

"We aren't even on the beach anymore, so why the hell am I still covered in sand. You really don't want to know all the places that it has gotten into," you frowned, trying to brush it from your clothes and shake it out of creases in your clothing but soon realised how far it had truly gotten. "It's between my bloody toes, it's in my hair and how the fuck did it get in my bra?"

You did your best to try and release the sand from your being but seen as it had encroached every ounce of your being, it would almost be impossible. Sayid let out a laugh at your annoyance, gaining a glare from you.

"I'm sorry," he chuckled. "You cannot deny it is an unnecessary level of anger towards sand."

"It's completely necessary," you pouted.

Sayid nodded his head, still rather amused before wrapping an arm around you. "Of course."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.