James Ford- Love (c)

You had met Sawyer on the island and a relationship quickly blossomed. There wasn't a label put on it, neither of you caring at first about anything but having someone on the island you could rely on to fulfill your needs. It just quickly turned out your needs were beyond the realm of sex and you needed emotional support too, something Sawyer wasn't known for.

It was hard to keep something going when you felt such a lack there and things only became harder as he started to be more emotionally distant with every day. It hurt you that he didn't seem to want to spend time with you for anything but sex. You tried your best to not take it personally but the pain it caused you only offered you an insight into the fact that you were holding far more feelings for the man than you should have for a casual relationship.

Even though you were pretty sure that he would hate you if you told him you wanted more from your time with him than something of a sexual nature, you couldn't cope with your time stuck on a desert island unless you were true to yourself.

Nervously you approached him in his tent, noticing his sly smirk as you entered it.

"What do I owe the pleasure?" He smirked.

"I need to talk to you about something," you sighed. "But I don't think you're going to like it."

"What is it?" He asked, taking off his glasses and discarding his book that he had been distracting himself with due to little else to do with his time there.

You took a deep breath, making sure that you were certain that you wanted to tell him how you felt, but now it was too late to take it back.

"I love you... but... you don't have to say it back... I understand if..." you trailed off, losing your train of thought when Sawyer touched your hand with his.

"You cause me a lot of problems, you know that?" He frowned.

Your heart sunk. "Pardon?"

Sawyer let out a chuckle as he leaned in to press his lips to yours in a rough but loving kiss.

"All I wanted was a distraction but it's hard to deny your charms. You are a hell of a woman," he smiled.

"I... I don't understand," you whispered.

"Well I guess what I'm trying to say is I'm in love with you too."

~*~

written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.