Desmond Hume- Beeping (c)

The beeping started, causing you to groan. You were awoken by the horrific beeping. It happened too often for your liking. Every 108 minutes you had to put in the code and press the button to stop world inhalation. It was your turn to press the button but you didn't want to have to leave the sanctuary of your bed.

Usually you and Desmond would cuddle up on the bottom bunk of these bunk beds but he was nowhere to be seen. You rolled out of the bed, looking up at the top bunk but Desmond wasn't there. The bunk hadn't been slept in.

You sighed rubbing your eyes and let your feet pad along the floor until you got to the room with the computer. There at the desk was Desmond's sleeping form. He was sat in the chair with his head lying on the desk.

At first you didn't wake him. Instead you typed in the six numbers, pressed execute and waited a second before the beeping stopped. You let out a sigh as the numbers 108 appeared on the counter again.

You leaned down to the man's sleeping form rubbing his shoulders softly.

"Desmond," you whispered.

It didn't wake him, so you shook him more violently.

He woke up with a start, letting out a confused groan.

"Y/N?" He questioned.

"Hey sleeping beauty," you chuckled, "why are you asleep at the computer?"

"I wanted to let you sleep," he stated as he looked up at the counter, "but I guess I fell asleep, and that didn't work."

You smiled at him wrapping your arms around his shoulders, pressing your lips lightly to his.

"Thank you," you chuckled, "now come back to bed, it is better for you to sleep in the bed than at the desk, it'll just hurt your back. I can't have you whinging all day tomorrow."

He laughed standing up from the chair wrapping one arm around your shoulders as you both walked back to the bed. He crawled onto the bed first, pressing his back against the wall, as you crawled in next to him, lying with your back against his check.

His arms wrapped around your middle as he nuzzled his head into the crook of your neck, kissing the skin there.

"I'll stay awake for the next shift, but I can cuddle with you until then," he said softly in your ear.

"Okay."

You closed your eyes, enjoying the closeness between the two of you.

"Goodnight Y/N," he whispered.

"Goodnight Desmond."

Your words barely had a chance to escape your lips as a yawn escaped. His arms wrapped around you tighter as he yawned also. Within moments you fell into a blissful slumber until the next lot of beeping occurred.

Within moments you were

~*~

Written by Charlotte.