Jack Shephard- Hope (c)

No one was taking the crash well. Of course, you suspected that no one ever took a plane crash well, but it was far more terrifying and horrific than you could have ever imagined. Many people had died but there was a fair few of you who were still alive and wishing for someone to find you.

The sun was falling for the second night on the deserted island with little hope in you that you'd ever get off of the island. Food was passed around, but you stayed away from the group, sat underneath a tree, wishing and dreaming that you would get freedom.

Jack approached you, planting himself down next to you. He was a doctor and had become close enough to a leader of the group, helping everyone. He was definitely the reason everyone hadn't broken down yet and given up on someone finding them.

"Are you okay?" He asked. "You haven't touched your food."

You pushed your food with your plastic fork in the container not really finding it appetising. Aeroplane food was never the best, especially not after a plan crash when you were desperate to be at home rather than on a beach in the middle of nowhere.

"I'm not hungry."

He gave you a reassuring smile. Jack must have been in his thirties, having had a successful career so far, knowing more than you did. You'd barely left university, having gone to Sydney for a holiday before you moved into your first job. Your lives were beyond different off of the island, yet here you were stuck together in sand.

"It's going to be okay. Someone is going to find us. We have the transceiver. We've found a signal on this island, so if we can find where it is coming from, we can send one out to get help. It won't be long before someone finds us, I promise," he smiled softly. "It'll be a couple of days at most."

Jack had given you hope. You were lost literally and figuratively but he had been able to come through to you and make you see that there was light at the end of the tunnel no matter how far away it was. Without a thought, you leaned in to him to kiss him. You weren't certain what had washed over you but as soon as you realised what you had done, you shifted back and shuffled in the sand away from him.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know why I did that," you whispered.

He had an awkward, yet shocked smile. "It's okay."

~*~

Written by Charlotte.

Tumblr Request.