Charlie Pace- You All Everybody (c)

You all everybody

You all everybody

The lyrics rung through your head as the man a couple of feet up the beach continued to sing the intolerable song on loop, clearly excited that he had once more been reunited with his guitar. All of those on the island had lost something, most being their lives, however you were one of the few lucky ones to just lose belongings and at the chance of finding them again you were sure there would be the greatest excitement. Although you were glad he had found something he loved, seen as Charlie was a nice enough bloke, you did wish he would stop singing the song.

You turned your head to throw him a passive aggressive glare, hoping truthfully he wouldn't see, as you didn't wish for confrontation, but as soon as you turned, his attention came onto you with the biggest of smiles plastered on his face.

"Hey," he grinned. "Noticed the song, were you a fan?"

"A fan?" You questioned, not quite sure what you were supposed to be a fan of. You were familiar with the song from back in the real world, more than familiar really, but they weren't overly fond memories of years gone past.

"Of Drive Shaft," he smiled hopefully, shuffling along the sand to sit closer to you.

"Their music sucked," you stated.

He moved a hand to rest on his chest, his jaw dropping.

"That is hurtful. I was... I mean I am the bassist for them. Our music isn't that bad," he said as though the words he spoke were fact.

You couldn't help but laugh at his reaction. You had spoken to him on numerous occasions and you had known he was a musician but didn't know he had been in that band.

"I was a fan of Drive Shaft," you smiled softly wanting to ease the harsh words you had previously said.

"Was?" He asked defensively.

"A while back. Owned all of your CD's and went to every concert you held near or in London. My favourite t-shirt had your logo on it, and I was hopelessly wishing I would one day marry one of you, but then I realised my ears lied to me and you sucked," you laughed to yourself even though you knew he wouldn't find as much amusement.

He seemed sad for a moment before a hopeful smile came on his face.

"You should give us another chance. Well give me another chance. You never know you may have a change of heart."

"I doubt that, but I'll give you a shot," you smiled.

He grinned in return before going back to his guitar and singing.

You all everybody.

You all everybody.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.