Juliet Burke- Birthday Drink (c)

You kicked at the sand as you walked along the beach. You had been on this island for more days than you cared to count, and about all that was keeping you sane currently was Juliet. You wouldn't claim to be dating, as you'd never made it official, nothing was really official on the island, but you were closer than just friends.

But today was different. Although you weren't counting the days, the others were, and you knew exactly what today was. Today was your birthday. You hadn't told anyone, although you were sure some of the other knew seen as they were looking at you funny, and they had seen your passport when they were sorting them all out just after the crash.

You didn't want to tell anyone though. Birthdays didn't really mean much here, nothing did other than survival. Once you were a good way away from the camp on the beach you slumped down into the sand lying your head back letting out a deep sigh.

Staying still, lying in the sand helped you feel some form of peace. It was too hectic in the camp, everyone was always busy and making a lot of noise, but you just wanted to get home, you were pretty sure that everyone wanted to just go home. After lying there for a while with your eyes closed, the sun was blocked from you.

You opened your eyes to see the beautiful blond smiling at you. She sat down next to you still with a soft smile on her face.

"Is there something you are hiding from me, Y/N?" she smiled.

"What?" You questioned propping yourself up on your elbows.

"A little birdy told me it was your birthday," she laughed.

"Who was it?" you sighed.

"Jack," she shrugged, "Happy Birthday Y/N."

"Thank you," you smiled softly.

She rummaged through her pockets pulling out a small bottle of alcohol that they were selling on the aeroplane.

"Did you steal that from Sawyer?" you asked furrowing your eyebrows.

"Yeah. This is the best I could think of for a birthday party," she shrugged opening it and handing it to you.

You took a mouthful practically drinking half of the bottle, before handing it back to her, allowing her to drink the other half. There was no way this could get you drunk, there wasn't even a possibility that it could make you tipsy, but you didn't mind.

"Thank you Juliet," you smiled softly pulling her into a tight hug.

"You're welcome Y/N," she smiled in response.

As the hug ended she softly laid her hand onto your arm leaning in and kissing you. You could taste the alcohol on her lips through the kiss.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.