Sayid Jarrah- Promise (c)

"Please don't go," you begged him.

"I have to."

With the knowledge that you weren't the only people on the island you were incredibly apprehensive to let your partner go off adventuring through the jungle, especially after he had already been kidnapped by a crazed French woman. He was a brave man and wanted to help others, hence wanting to join the trek that the others had put together, but it didn't mean you were less terrified. Sayid was a capable man and had proved he could protect himself from danger but it didn't mean you wanted him to be put in a situation where he would have to protect himself.

"Jack, Sawyer, Kate and Locke are already going, it isn't necessary that you must go too," you whispered, pained to think this could be the last time you saw him.

He gave you a weak smile, knowing how much you cared and how worried you got about him. Said took hold of your hands raising your knuckles to his lips so he could gently kiss them.

"They need me too. But with the four of them with me also, I am protected from anything we shall face. You know I can take care of myself and with them there too, I promise I will be fine," he assured you.

"I can't bare to lose you Sayid," you whispered. "I don't know what I would do if something happened to you."

Sayid pulled you into a warm embrace, kissing your hair, making sure you knew how much he loved you and how much he cared.

"Nothing can ever take me away from you. There isn't even that much of a danger is there?" He chuckled trying to lighten the mood.

"Not much of a danger? There was a polar bear, and some creature that crushed the trees and let's not forget the woman who held you hostage," you frowned.

He gave you a gentle smile. "I promise I will be fine darling."

You let out a sigh knowing that he wouldn't back down from doing what he deemed right.

"I love you Sayid," you whispered. "Please promise me that you will come back to me. Please."

He nodded his head. "I promise you, my love, that I will come back to you. Nothing in this world can keep me away from the woman whom I love."

With that he pressed his lips to yours once more before heading off on the trek.

~*~

Written by Charlotte.