○ 28

I don't want your body,
But I'd hate to think about you with somebody else

If I could describe the state of the classroom Mari was currently in to you, I'd start by saying it was unreasonable cold.

Reddened finger tips and runny noses were experienced by most individuals residing in the gelid classroom.

I know it's autumn but God damn it's fucking cold.

Eyes flickering up to the clock on the wall as her clasped fingers fell in front of her mouth, hot air breathing into her chilled skin in hopes to warm them up as she watches the big hand tick ever so slowly.

The words of the teacher droning out as he talks nonsense about a science topic she did not understand. Granted she should be paying attention, science was the subject she had trouble with the most, but the unfathomable coldness she was experiencing was causing her to pay no attention to anything but her body that was shaking.

Goosebumps rising onto her skin as her arm hair pointed straight up, feet bouncing up and down in movement to create some sort of heat to warm herself up.

Gripping at the fabric of her woollen jumper, she tried to bring the material closer to her body, but in attempt to warm herself the jumper proved to be useless, almost adding to how cold she was feeling.

She looked around the class, joint collectives of peers focusing on her work as they kept their arms and legs close to each other for warmth. Yes they looked cold but Mari could have sworn they had the aircon on and it was pointed directly at her.

Her bottom jaw begins to chitter against the top as her body puts her into a state of survival, attempting to heat up her blood that was freezing at the touch.

The buzz in her back pocket almost went unnoticed by her as her mind could only think about one thing- her nice warm bed.

Sneakily she holds the device under the desk with just enough space for her to see it. A sigh leaving her blue tinted lips as she reads the name on the notification.

Donghyuck

We still on today?

Yeah
Meet at the library

Eyes threatening to roll back as she turned off her phone, the mere thought of spending more alone time with Donghyuck felt sickening to her, her stomach brewing with her hatred towards the boy- but alas her studies come before her twisted social life.

Time could not have felt slower in that moment. But as much as she hated the cold that was encasing her body intrusively, the repulsive thought of spending time with the boy almost made her glad that time was going slow.

Picking up her discarded pen, Mari tries to pay attention to the teacher. Writing down absolute nonsense as her other hand stays trapped between her thighs, curling in on herself to keep her bubble small and to trap heat.

What the fuck does this mean? Kinematics? Bro the fuck? When am I ever gonna use this after school?

A sigh left her lips as her gaze drifted once more up to the clock, big hand inching closer every second to 2:30. Eyes filling with a little bit of joy as she realised she only had a manner of seconds left.

The ring of the bell oscillated through the air, deft hands throwing all her books away into her back pack as she hastily got up from her seat, chair scraping against the floor, and made her way out of the door.

Entering the crowded hallway she began to make her way to the other end of the school, where non other than Lee Donghyuck awaited her.