○ 54

(VERY BIG TW!!!!! Mentions in detail of suicide and blood)

Red and white sirens penetrated her ears as she walked through the cold night. An abandoned playground surrounding her and the eerie creak of the swing set filled the night.

She felt drunk, glazed over eyes as she stumbled through the playground. Sand beneath her feet making it hard to walk straight.

Head pounding and limbs feeling heavy as she went to take a seat on the closest surface- the bottom of the slide.

Fumbling over her feet the soft sand started to feel dense and she looked down. The darkness of the night making it impossible to see what it was until she bent down.

The familiar colour of red staining the sand but it was fresh, climbing the sand together with the liquid that came from... Eunjoo.

Eyes wide open as she almost fell forward, feet dragging her a few steps to behind the slide where Eunjoo laid dead.

A pool of blood staining the sand underneath her and Mari wanted to throw up at the sight.

Eyes dancing upon the horizon of the play ground where she noticed the ambulance standing on the perimeter.

"Help!" She yelled out, hands jittering around frantically trying to find the opening on her friend to apply pressure.

"Help me!" She yelled when they didn't advance towards her and instead they began to laugh.

The two paramedics were bent over laughing at them and Mari tried to help her friend.
"Stop laughing and help, she's dying!"

When she looked up to them a few strangers walked up to the perimeter and began laughing to. Her mother soon joining them and she furrowed her eyes.

"Mum? Mum! Please help Eunjoo is dying!"
Her brother and father made their way to beside their mother and soon everyone she knew, in Jeju and in Seoul, was around her laughing as she tried to save her dying friend.

"D-donghyuck?" She saw his figure make its way through the crowd and she had a speckle of hope left in her.
"Donghyuck help! It's Eunjoo! She's dying!" She yelled out and he smiled.

"I know."

Mari blinked in confusion but when she opened her eyes she was now in the bathroom of Eunjoos house. Donghyuck sat on the floor with her head in his lap as his bloodied hand gripped tightly onto the phone he was yelling down.
"Please hurry up! She's dying!"

A loud gasp left Mari's lips as she shot up from her sleep.

A sheen of sweat covering her body as she gripped hold of the sheets tightly.

Wide eyes glaring in front of her as her heart pounded a million miles per second.

Breath uneven as she tried to calm herself down, swallowing down the dry lump in her throat and she looked to the side to see her friends still sound asleep.

Throwing off her blanket, she wasted no time in slipping on her Birkenstocks and leaving the room.

Feet dragging along the ground as she made her way to the stairs. Frantic feet skipping every other step as she raced to the front door. Gasping for fresh air once she got out and she pushed her hair out of her face.

Tear lined eyes as she sat on the steps of the front of the hotel. Arms hugging herself as she leant her forehead on knees as the first set of tears escaped her eyes.