○ 56

"And that's it. I think I like both of them," Mari spoke into her phone, her free hand punching her lip up so she could bite at the skin.

There was a silence through the phone making her confused, pulling the phone away to look at the screen to see the call still active, she held the device back up to her ear.
"Hello."

"Hold on hold on, im just trying to... process this. So, you kissed Jinyoung?"
"Yes"
"And you kissed Haechan?"
"Yes"
"And you think you like both?"
"That's what I just said. Yes"
"Okay okay. Well, you're royally fucked."
"Da!"
"I mean you are! You kissed another guy after going on a date with another."
"It's not like we're dating," Mari mumbled into the phone.
"That doesn't change anything Ma!"
"I knowwwww," Mari elongated, "I feel so bad but I don't know what to do."
"Should we make a pros and cons list of both?"
"No I've seen that episode of Friends, it's a bad idea," Mari stood up and sat on her rolling chair. Legs spread apart as she swivels back and forth.

"Whose the better kisser?" Daeun said suggestively.
"Daeun!"
"What? Im curious."
"I don't know. Jinyoung was really sweet with it but there was something with Haechan. His lips were so soft."

The silence returned and Mari had to check her phone once more before she heard Daeun let out an audible sigh, "okay, here's my idea. Why don't you go on another date with Jinyoung and see what your feelings are there and then decide."

"But how will I know if what I feel is right?"
"You'll know Ma, trust me."

Mari pulled her lip out from her teeth, the taste of blood beginning to deep into her mouth.

"Thank you Daeun."
"It's okay baby, anytime. Now I have to go, dads cooking dinner and I promise I'd help. Bye baby."
"Bye cutie."
The sound of the phone line going quiet signalled her leaving and the home screen of Mari's phone stood dormant in front of her.

Letting out a sharp sigh, she opened up her conversation with Jinyoung. Thumbs hovering over the keyboard and she contemplated what to say.

Typing and deleting over and over again until she got fed up, typing away and sending the message before she could dwell on it.

Jinyoung :)

Do you wanna go to a cafe with me?

She quickly turned off her phone and placed it on her desk beside her, breath quickening as she heard the buzz from her phone.

Yeah sure :)
Know any place good?

There's this new one that's opened up that looks really good. The specialise in cakes

That sounds amazing!!
Ill pick you up at say 11?

That sounds great 😊

Perfect!
It's a date :)

A date? Why did the sound of that slightly terrify her.
They had been on a date before, what makes this different?

The thought of Donghyuck came flashing into her mind and she gripped at her hair. Falling face first onto her bed and kicking her legs.

"Love fucking sucks," she groans exasperated.

Why can't she just make her mind up? why can't it be easy?

With her face still buried in her bed sheets she began to think of what would happen tomorrow. Slightly nervous but also excited as she felt like she hadn't really talked to Jinyoung all camp.

Maybe this date tomorrow will show me that I really do like Jinyoung. I mean, he is sweet and funny and really kind. No one else has really been there for me like he has... besides Donghyuck. Before in Jeju he used to be like that. Stop it Mari, stop overthinking and just let what happens happen. Don't force anything.
Great thinking Mari. Now, I'm hungry, let's see what dads cooking.

Standing up from her bed she made her way out her room and down the stairs. Sitting down at the breakfast bar and watching her dad make dumplings.

Oh how she missed her father.