○ 33

"Fucking hell my head hurts," Daeun said placing her hand on her pounding head.

Mari looked towards her incredulously shaking her head, "that's what you get for taking six rounds of shots dick head."

"The last four times was Renjuns fault," Daeun blamed and the group of girls shook their head, giving each other knowing looks that went unknown to the current hungover one.

"I'm so glad you guys decided to go shopping though, I needed to get out of that house it was starting to smell like boy," Winter said and Karina only groaned.

"Yeah and now I have to live with that stench," the four of them walked into a clothes shop, aimlessly searching through the clothes racks.

"Ma I think this'd suit you, go try it on," Winter held up a top to show the girl before passing it over to her.

"Speaking of Ma, did anyone see her and Haechan speaking last night?" Karina mentioned making Mari stop in her tracks.

"Oh my God yes, Mari was looking at him like she had seen an angel," Winter recalled and Mari's lips formed a surprised o.

"No I didn't," she huffed and Daeun laughed.

"Yeah babe, you did," she said and Mari just continued to go through the racks, embarrassed that they had seen.

Mari had both the blessing and curse that no matter how much she drank she remembered everything, so she remembered that interaction.

And to say she was confused was an understatement. She had never felt that way before, towards anyone, so when thinking back about the way her stomach felt like a million bricks laid on top- the obvious uncertainty was more than understandable.

Just seeing him with her friend, her past and present colliding, something unknown happened inside her. Brain blocked by the sight of them giggling and while they were only just talking as such, she could help the rapid signals her brain was sending through her body.

Placing her in a state of uncertainty and she felt sick.

"Hey ma," Daeun spoke quietly so only she could hear and Mari looked up. Focusing in and noticing her best friends worried eyes, only now realising she had walked away from the others.
"Are you okay?"

"Hmm? Oh, yeah- just uh, thinking is all," Mari said and looked back at the article of clothing she had in her hand, not remembering picking it up.

"Are you sure, hey look I'm sorry if bring up Haechan brought back something from Jeju, or some unknown feelings you have towards him. If it makes you uncomfortable I can tell the girls not to mention him," Daeun pointed behind her shoulder to the other two girls who were laughing and holding clothes up to each other's bodies.

"No, it's okay Daeun. It's just, I don't know. I'm just confused about how I'm feeling. Like, in Jeju when we used to be friends I used to have feelings towards him, but like those feelings feel different from these and like I don't know what it is," she confessed, not making eye contact with the girl in case it triggers another sporadic waterfall of tears like she's been experiencing recently. But they usually happen when she's alone.

Daeuns eyes flickered around her best friends face, letting out a low exhale as she placed a hand on top of her arm.
"I don't know what this feeling is specifically, but maybe it's a continuation of what you felt in the past. Maybe you still like him-"

"Definitely not. Not after what he did. I cant forgive him, but i don't know, seeing him with Karina-"

"What about me?" Karina interrupted as her and winter made their way towards them.