○ 30

"Thank you, have a nice day" Byungho's voice carried through the small convenience store. The sound of the door bell ringing indicating they had left.

Soft tunes from the companies playlist drowned out Mari's thoughts as she absentmindedly stacked the milk in the fridge.

"Hey Ma!" Byungho called out and Mari hummed, tilting her head slightly to look at her coworker over her shoulder.

"I just need to pop out to the toilet, you'll be okay?"
"Yeah I'll be fine, just make sure you don't stink it out like last time."
"Ha ha, very funny," Byungho deadpanned which made Mari stick out her tongue teasingly.

Byungho waved her off and proceeded to exit through the staff door, leaving the girl alone in the store.

Humming along to the tune of the song she finished stacking the milk, standing up and dusting off her pants she grabbed the milk crate and placed it near the back door.

Pulling forward small things as she waited for her coworker to come back so she could tell him the thought she just had.

At the sound of the front door bell going off, Mari quickly muttered out a welcome. Standing up and making her way to behind the counter with her eyes not looking up towards the new customer.

It wasn't until they started to speak that she looked up.
"Quick grab something to eat, we're going to be late- oh and don't forget water!" The male voice carried through the air and hit her ears.

Eye widening as she takes in the figures tall frame, oversized black shirt with a white long sleeve underneath, black jeans and chains to support his look.

"Oppa can I get an ice cream?" Another voice followed after his making Maris head whip towards the freezers.

"Yeah yeah sure, whatever. Just don't tell mum."
"Deal."

Mari kept her eyes on the boy as he made his way to the checkout, his head down as he reached into his back pocket.
"Just these, thank you."

"Uh, yeah sure. Did you want a bag?" At the sound of her voice his head shot up, eyes widening ever so slightly as he took in her appearance.

"I got melona... oh my gosh Mari unnie!" The girls eyes lit up, bouncing on her feet in excitement at the girl she hadn't seen in years.

"Hey Haewon," Mari said, coming around the side to give the girl a hug- squeezing tightly and swaying before pulling away to give the girl a proper look.
"How have you been? You've grown so much."

"I'm good! I'm just on my way to gymnastics! Oppa did you know she worked here?" Haewons big sparkly eyes looked up to her older brother, a practical copy and paste of each other.

"Uh, n-no I didn't," his hand came up to scratch at his nape as he looked between the two girls.

Haewon nodded, head whipping around abruptly as her hands gripped the edge of the counter.
"How's Minsu? I haven't seen him in so long!"

Mari let out a chuckle, "yeah he's doing well, maybe you should come around soon and hang out," she suggested as she started to scan their items and pack them into a bag.

An audible gasp fell from the smaller girls lips, "really?! Oh that's be amazing thank you so much unnie!" Her little brown eyes sparkled under the lights as she stared up at the girl.

Plump lips pulled into a smile that move the mole next to her lip further up her face.

"Okay, common you muppet, we're gonna be late," Donghyuck ruffled her hair to which she shooed away his hand with a huff.