○ 60

Pulling up the drive way, Jinyoung turned off the car and turned to the girl.
"You best get going."

Mari looked over at the boy, his face dimly lit from the street lamp outside and she felt her heart ache.
"I'm sorry Jinyoung. I should never had lead you on."

He chuckled, tilting his head back and shaking before making eye contact with her. "You need to stop apologising, you weren't aware of you emotions."

"I know but I feel bad," she sighed and looked away.
"All I want Mari, is for you to be happy. And as much as it hurts to see you choose him, I'd rather you be happy with him than sad with me."

She scrunched up her face, knuckles tightening on her bag at his words.
"You deserve someone so much better than me Jinyoung, and I just know you will find them one day."

Jinyoungs hand reached up to cup her cheek, tilting her head so she faced him and his thumb brushed over her cheek.

"Thank you for letting me feel free for the first time. No go get him Mari, tell him how you feel," he began nudging the girl out of the car and she laughed.
"Okay okay, I'm going."

Getting out of the car, she turned around and leant down so she could see him "Jinyoung," he hummed and looked at her, "thank you."
He smiled and nodded, giving her the last push making her shut the door and walk up to Donghyucks front door.

Her heart starting to pick up as she looked over her shoulder to see the boy shooing his hands in motion for her to knock- so she did. Three sharp knocks were planted in the door and she held her breath.

His voice calling out to house sent her into alarm as she could hear his footsteps approaching.
Shuffling on her feet she wondered if she left now would he be able to see her run down the street.

But she stayed there, and as he opened the door her eyes shot up. Taking in his appearance before making its connection with his eyes.

Sweats, hoodie and his black fluffy hair laying just above his eyes- he looked gorgeous.
He was also taken aback.

"Oh Mari, what're you doing here. Did I get the days mixed up?"
"No! I mean, no you didn't. I just, I just really had to tell you something and it couldn't wait," she was flustered, cheeks burning red as she finally stood in front of him with feelings as true as when they were younger. But this time, her heart beat stronger and pulled harder in his direction.

"Oh, okay. Sure yeah, um, come in," he stepped to the side and let her walk past.

"Whose that hunny?" The voice of his mother called out.
"It's just Mari."
"Oh, hey sweetie. How are you?"
"Good! How are you?" She answered as she undid her shoes.
"Im great thank you. Donghyuck why didn't you tell us she was coming over. I would've cleaned up a little."
His mother walked into the hallway and sent the girl she'd call her second child a smile.

"It's my fault, I'm sorry. I didn't tell him I was coming over. I just... needed to grab something off of him for tomorrow."
"Oh, we'll in that case, you can stay as long as you need. Have you had dinner yet?"
"Yes maam, thank you."

His mother smiled and nodded before pointing to her son "no funny business," and with that she left a confused Donghyuck standing in the door way and Mari laughed at his flabbergasted expression, allowing for her nerves to soften a bit.

"Yeah yeah, let's just go up to my room," he deadpanned before making his way up the stairs and into his room.

Sitting himself on the edge of his bed he looked up at the girl who stood awkwardly putting her bag on the group.