Going Home

Ash's POV-

I stared at the teleporter in the back of the room as an explosion erupted from one of its sides. The hair on the back of my neck stood on end as my eyes darted to Lillie and my Pokemon, each one of them looked exhausted and unable to get anywhere in a hurry. I knew that if the teleporter went up and we had to escape, we wouldn't be getting very far on foot.

My eyes darted back to Lusamine, only to find that she had a look of horror plastered on her face. The look alone caused a sinking feeling in my stomach, as I realized that things were about to get very dangerous.

My eye's darted back to the teleporter once again, and I found a figure coming towards us from the direction of the teleporter. It wasn't until they got closer, that I could make out who it was.

Professor Kukui quickly came to a stop in the middle of the field that Lusamine and I were using previously. Kukui's Braviary hovered in the middle of the field as Kukui looked from me, to Lusamine, and back again.

"Well that was honestly easier than I thought it would be." Kukui said with a hearty chuckle.

Even from here I could tell that he was proud of the job he had done with wrecking the teleporter. Though that pride from a job well done, was short lived as the ground began to rumble and violently shake.

The violent shaking caused my legs to buckle as I struggled to stay upright. I saw Lusamine being forced to do the same from across the field, while I watched her eyes snap to where Professor Kukui was.

"Do you realize what you've done? You've doomed us all you imbecile!" Lusamine shouted from where she was.

The ground rumbled once more as an explosion erupted from the side of the teleporter, this one being significantly larger than the first.

"Uh Professor, I think you may have done too good of a job." I said as my gaze darted from the teleporter, to Kukui.

Kukui winced a little as another explosion erupted from the side of the tower. "Yeah, I'm starting to realize that. We should probably get out of here now." Kukui responded, a sense of urgency present in his voice as he reached down and patted his Braviary on its side.

I didn't waste any time returning my Pokemon to their respective Pokeballs, before rushing over to where Lillie and Charizard where.

"Lills, we gotta go, like right now!" I told her, as I reached down and took hold of her hand and helped her to her feet.

My fingers quickly intertwined with her own as another explosion erupted from the teleporter, causing the ground to shake even more than the first time. While I could feel her hand shaking as I held it in my own. "Hey, it's okay Lills, we're gonna be okay." I told her, before giving her hand a reassuring squeeze.

Lillie looked up at me for a moment before slowly nodding, as she squeezed my hand back.

My gaze quickly turned to Charizard, finding that he was already leaning forward and waiting for us to get on his back.

I started leading her to Charizard's side so we could get on his back, when I felt her tug on my hand. "Wait Ash, what about my brother?" Lillie asked, a frantic tone present in her voice as she spoke.

My eye's darted to where Gladion was, he was still incapacitated on Lusamine's side of the field. "Crap that's right." I muttered to myself before looking over to Professor Kukui. "Professor, can you grab Gladion?" I shouted to him.

Kukui looked over to me and nodded, before his Braviary turned around and sped off towards Gladion.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips as I glanced back at Lillie and smiled at her. "The Professors got it, now let's get out of here before this whole place comes down on us." I told her.